WPP IT provides IT services for WPP, the world’s largest communications services group. As a creative transformation company, WPP is helping its clients transform the future through extraordinary work. WPP IT is an integral part of that journey and we are proud to provide technology for some of the world’s most creative brands.
Why we're hiring:
The role is responsible for overseeing operations support for cloud services through monitoring, incident response, and incident resolution for production applications and infrastructure deployed in the cloud environment.
What you'll be doing:
- The role oversees that cloud infrastructure is monitored and provide support when issues occur.
- Ensures that cloud infrastructure is checked to maintain availability and ensure performance SLAs are met and performance tuning and runbook tasks are carried out when needed
- Ensures there is adequate response to incidents and escalates them to the other teams as required.
- The role will own root cause analysis of incidents.
- Mange the operations shifts on a 24 x 7 basis as required.
- You will act as a cloud engineer covering one or more cloud platforms and related technologies for the Cloud Hub
- You will be responsible for maintaining the cloud hub operations, this includes the Cloud portal administration, Automation and monitoring configuration.
- Configuration and infrastructure management with tools like Terraform.
- Executing and troubleshooting PAAS and IAAS related issues
- Development of and continual improvement of automation and procedures
- Analysing and supporting infrastructure in Azure, AWS and GCP
- Monitoring system performance and recommend corrective action.
- Documenting current environment and ongoing maintenance of documentation
- Collaborate with product owners, developers, and support staff to ensure continuous and reliable delivery of service.
- Vulnerabilities and Audit remediation.
- Windows or Linux Administration.
What you'll need:
- Completed training in Azure, AWS and GCP Fundamentals
- Hands-on experience in IT Operations and support
- Understanding of Enterprise IT management frameworks (e.g. ITIL v4 processes)
- Good architecture practice such as the AWS Well Architected Framework
- Understanding of Infrastructure as Code
- Experience in Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment methodologies
- Experience in monitoring and alerting for IT applications and platforms
- Experience troubleshooting Operating System and Application issues
- Strong, creative problem solving and analytical in nature
- Self-motivated, energetic and tenacious and working well under pressure
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize deadlines is a must
- Good verbal and written communication and documentation skills with close attention to detail and accuracy
- A keen interest in new technologies and willingness to research and self-study to keep technical skills relevant
- Skilled in building a strong rapport with customer and internal support teams in a managed services environment
Who you are:
You're open: We are inclusive and collaborative; we encourage the free exchange of ideas; we respect and celebrate diverse views. We are accepting: of new ideas, new partnerships, new ways of working.
You're optimistic: We believe in the power of creativity, technology and talent to create brighter futures or our people, our clients and our communities. We approach all that we do with conviction: to try the new and to seek the unexpected.
You're extraordinary: we are stronger together: through collaboration we achieve the amazing. We are creative leaders and pioneers of our industry; we provide extraordinary every day.
What we'll give you:
Passionate, inspired people – We promote a culture of people that do extraordinary work.
Scale and opportunity – We offer the opportunity to create, influence and complete projects at a scale that is unparalleled in the industry.
Challenging and stimulating work – Unique work and the opportunity to join a group of creative problem solvers. Are you up for the challenge?
If this role hasn’t captured your interest, that’s ok! Would you consider sharing your opinion?
At WPP, we’re always trying to improve our hiring process, so your feedback is appreciated. Don’t worry, all responses will not influence any future applications that you may make.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided