- JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position (no agencies/C2C - see notes below)
- LOCATION: Remote - Work from anywhere (TimeZone: PST/CIST | Partial overlap)
- HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $35 – $50/hr
- ESTIMATED DURATION: 40h/week - Long term
About you (don't worry if you don't have this whole list- our client expects you to learn with them):
- Work with Cloud-based platforms (GCP preferred, but Azure, AWS, Oracle-Cloud, Rackspace, and VMware Cloud are good too), and familiarity with other Data Center Technologies.
- Good knowledge of various IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS offerings within GCP and other clouds. Includes Machine Provisioning, Database Provisioning, Network Architecture and various other aspects involved in VPC design.
- Knowledge of various non-functional requirements and their associated SLAs (Scalability via Scaling up and Scaling out, Performance, Monitorability, Availability, and Security). Preferred: Prometheus, Grafana, Splunk
- Familiar with scripting (Puppet/Chef/Ansible/Salt and/or Python, Bash) and Terraform, Jenkins, and other technologies to deliver high levels of automation and modern CI/CD pipelines. Preferred: Intermediate level Python skills, CircleCI
- Understanding of containerization (Docker, Docker-Swarm, Kubernetes etc.)
- Experience with the latest in Authentication and Authorization (OAuth2, SAML, LDAP etc.) and experience with Auth0 and/or Okta or similar vendors.
- Excitement about working in a distributed, collaborative, communicative start-up environment and comfort with some levels of ambiguity in terms of requirements.
- Good knowledge in using Agile development methodology, and fluent with Git/Github (especially branching, merging, tagging).
Overview of role:
Our client's team is dedicated to improving the experience of today's Support professionals while helping companies serve and retain their customers through intelligent escalations, proactive interactions, and problem resolutions.
The Sr. DevOps Engineer will work collaboratively with other DevOps engineers, Developers and Stakeholders to deliver scalable, performant solutions that seldom miss SLAs. This person will demonstrate technical skills in DevOps, and be experienced in delivering modern, enterprise-grade, cloud-native architectures with high levels of automation. The ideal candidate believes in infrastructure-as-code and automation, is very security conscious, and maintains excellence in implementation.
How your work will support their growth:
- Collaborate with Customer Success and DevOps to understand Application SLAs and maintain the systems 24x7.
- Being proactive and taking ownership to ensure smooth and successful product releases.
- Troubleshoot issues and resolve them in a timely fashion.
- Help work on projects to create alignment with application teams, security, and business and participate collaboratively in Sprint and Scrum ceremonies.
- Prioritize automation whenever appropriate, using infrastructure as code, with Ansible/Terraform/Python/Jenkins based CI and CD automation. Look to see that internal environments match external environments to ensure minimal to no environmental drift.
- Monitor the application and infrastructure in production and act on escalations and remediation whenever SLAs are threatened. Rotate, store and monitor logs so that engineering is aware of application behavior in production.
- Maintain documentation on all processes, procedures, and knowledge gained.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided