Staff Cloud Engineer (m/f/d)
What are we looking for?
Conductor is seeking a seasoned product-minded cloud engineer with extensive AWS architecture and services experience to power the cloud engineering of a massive-scale SaaS application. This leader brings deep expertise in AWS architecture, automation, server-less adoption, infrastructure as code patterns and AWS cloud services. They will partner with Product Management, Engineering, and IT teams to drive cloud architecture and define, design, create, manage, and deploy highly scalable and available applications.
Reporting to the Director of Platform Engineering, this leader
- Drives cloud-native adoption, tools and metrics to enable engineering self-service, rapid prototyping and application scale
- Executes solutions and delivery of physical datacenter to cloud migrations, consolidation and high availability global cloud architectures
- Designs, develops, implements the overall AWS organizational cloud strategy, including standards, principles, and workflows
- Collaborates with data scientists, platform and application engineers, product managers, UI/UX designers, and other stakeholders to define and execute cloud infrastructure requirements
- Provides technical leadership to application, cloud and IT engineering teams to implement secure, scalable, high-performance, and reliable cloud native SaaS application
- Appreciates working across stacks in an organization without silos
- Influences strategic thinking across the team. Advocates for best practices, investigates new technologies, and mentors other engineers
The successful candidate must thrive in ambiguity with a strong decision-making capability along with a sense of accountability, leveraging a collaborative leadership style with a bias-to-action. The candidate must have a passion to solve hard problems with technical expertise and a growth-mindset, using strong engineering rigor and platform-driven operational skills to drive the desired outcomes across global teams. Conductor is poised for significant growth and this leader is a very important stakeholder in the next phase of our company’s journey.
Who You Are:
- A hands-on cloud engineer expert with 10+ years of experience designing, architecting, building, automating and implementing large-scale cloud infrastructure, distributed systems and networks
- An expert in implementing AWS and Cloud technologies, S3, RDS, Athena, Snowflake/ Redshift/ Bigquery, SQS, SNS, Kafka, ElasticSearch, other event queues, containers and orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes), storage, networking, operating systems, cloud cost optimization
- Deep knowledge of AWS cloud architectures for modern data platforms, ETL pipelines, microservice and micro-frontend architecture, API design, Python, Helm, Github
- Understands processes, roles, policies, standards, and metrics that ensure the effective and efficient use of data/information, data privacy and confidentiality, and risks and mitigations.
- Evangelizes modern approaches to CI/CD
- Extensive experience migrating applications and data platforms between on-premise data centers and AWS with minimal downtime and at optimal cost
- Have a minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent experience.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills – can communicate clear technical solutions to complex technical problems to both technical and non-technical audiences.
Our Engineering Core Values
- Design for the Future, Build for Today: Don’t be limited by the present. Anticipate, architect, and design for the long-term so that we don’t have to rework our software as we grow. But build for today in terms of quality and time to delivery.
- Be Product-Minded: By knowing our customers, we can build better products that empower them and help their customers. To be a great Organic MarTech engineer one must understand the organic marketing landscape.
- Innovate: Step up the game. Find new ways to solve problems. Influence the entire product. Deliver better value for our customers. Create moats for our competition. Enhance our company’s brand, and enhance your own personal brand image.
- Optimize for Value: Great products focus on building value rather than chasing an artificial deadline. Embrace continuous planning that believes in delivering products when they are ready.
- Value Your Time: Think harder. Don’t settle. Strive for better outcomes than the last time in the same amount of time. Automate away toil and spend your energy solving newer, bigger, more interesting problems.
- Be Biased to Build Right: How you create value is very important. Prefer open source over commercial products to invent/create value and accelerate delivery. Dependency on external products for value creation increases cost and risk, impedes innovation, and discounts value.
- Seek Challenges: Good engineers just solve problems. Great engineers also seek and define new challenges. Invention and value creation happens when engineers show curiosity and initiative, and participate in defining “what’s next”.
- Embrace Change: When we maintain the status quo, we hold ourselves back. Have an open mind. Don’t cling to existing processes, technical biases, etc. Try something new. We all learn and grow together.
Why You Should Join?
Conductor is a People-First and Customer-First company. We are looking for engaged and passionate technology leaders that can raise the bar. We have built a highly collaborative culture of technical excellence with tremendous opportunity to have an immediate impact in the day-to-day life of our employees and customers and drive the company's success and growth. We all share the same values, innovate, and motivate each other to attain ambitious goals, and celebrate each other’s success.
We are made up of a diverse group of people from all backgrounds. Wherever you are from, you will find a common ground here to accelerate your career and make a difference in the organic marketing industry.
Conductor, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Conductor’s search and content intelligence platform helps marketers create and optimize content to improve visibility online.
The technology generates customer intent insights that lead to compelling content, increased traffic, and higher organic marketing ROI. Customizable dashboards and workflows guide marketers through the content creation process, empowering them to measure, refine, and demonstrate the effectiveness of their SEO and content marketing efforts.
In addition to its SaaS platform, Conductor offers a suite of services and support including site audits, site migrations, and managed services that empower in-house marketing teams and digital marketing agencies to drive results and put their customers' needs first.
Conductor's forward-thinking customers include leading global and emerging enterprise brands.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided