Virgo’s mission is to improve patient outcomes and clinical workflows in healthcare by developing automation and AI tools for endoscopy. Our vision is a world where technology powered by artificial intelligence dramatically improves the quality of and access to healthcare. We are building the data infrastructure, tools, and expertise to make this new world a reality.
Virgo is actively seeking a highly motivated DevOps Engineer with expertise in GCP & K8s. This person will be ensuring uptime and monitoring tooling along with overall infrastructure improvements to optimize for scalability, deployment, and cost reduction.
In this role, you'll get to:
- Design, develop, modify, test and evaluate various Kubernetes and Docker implementations that support system requirements of varying levels for technical and business application projects.
- Implement automation tools and frameworks (CI/CD pipelines)
- Translate business requirements into a software design for the development of new or modified automated systems.
- Ensure least privilege access to our system and a zero-trust environment prevails
We'll expect you to:
- Take true ownership of our infrastructure, networking, and security
- Have at least 3 years of experience in GCP (or equivalent with an eagerness to learn in GCP)
- Identify opportunities to increase product performance and reliability
- Have experience building, maintaining, and scaling IAM policies
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience implementing automated CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with international deployment solutions
What you can get excited about:
- You will be building products that are used by physicians to help improve the quality of patient care and clinical research
- We value engineering input along the whole process, from product definition to release
- We are still small, so you’ll have the opportunity to help shape the company and team culture
- We are growing quickly and there will be plenty of opportunities for building and leading small teams
- We appreciate the benefits of a decent life/work balance; we won’t be emailing you Saturday evening or bothering you when you take a vacation
- We are a remote-first company, with only the request of 5 hours of time-overlap with EST 9-5 work days for coordinating meetings
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided