The Cloud Engineer, is a member of 3Cloud’s Managed Services team. He or she is responsible for ongoing support, escalations from monitoring team and proactive maintenance for our client’s Azure platform through the Managed Services teams processes, procedures and tools. As a Cloud Systems Engineer, you will be a critical part of our core team that is an essential to the success of our Managed Services division. Your responsibilities will include:
- Support of client’s Microsoft Azure infrastructure, including response to any escalations from the monitoring team to help analyze and resolve incidents for customers infrastructure running in Azure.
- Communicate ticket status information to all team members and escalate cases to appropriate staff as necessary to ensure case are closed in a timely fashion.
- Interact with clients to identify IT issues, troubleshoot expediently, and follow up on issues via e-mail, ticketing system, and phone calls. Communicate technical issues and solutions with clients in business terms.
- Install, configure, and administer client systems in Azure to improve client’s infrastructure.
- Configuration and tuning of cloud-based tools, managing cost, security, and compliance for the client’s environments.
- As part of proactive maintenance plans, help execute monthly maintenance of the Azure infrastructure, including patching, verification of anti-virus updates, backups and disaster recovery.
- Create and maintain updated documentation for each client’s environment.
- Promote best practices to enhance and improve organizational processes.
- Participate in weekly discussions with clients to review outstanding issues and changes and discuss proposals for improving the client’s environments.
- Development of automated solutions to monitor and support cloud-based infrastructure.
- Provide consultation and monthly reports with respect to the client’s cloud-based infrastructure.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field.
- 2 - 5 years of experience with cloud servers, services and software or equivalent sys admin experience with on-prem server and virtualization environments.
- Experience in a 24x7 managed services, hosted service company, or Network Operations Center environment.
- Experience with ITIL processes and associated ITSM systems and service portals for Incident and Change Management.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure or other cloud-based environments (e.g. AWS), including IaaS, PaaS and SaaS.
- Experience with Windows and Linux system administration, supporting and scaling virtual server cloud or on-prem environments and solving network issues.
- Experience developing CloudFormation, Azure Resource Manager, and Terraform templates.
- Experience with Azure native services (e.g. Policy, Cost Management, Active Directory, Lighthouse, Monitor/Log Analytics, Security Center).
- Experience with tools for managing Cost, Security, and Compliance in the Public Cloud (e.g. CloudHealth, CloudCheckr, CloudGuard Dome9, Cloud Prisma, Cloudability).
- Understanding of sys admin concepts including, but not limited to virtualization, containers, disk storage, encryption, security, network connectivity, firewalls and load balancers.
- Experience with Azure-based deployments and migrations or other cloud platforms is a plus.
- Operational knowledge of scripting languages (PowerShell, Python, Ruby, .NET).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A passion for problem solving and learning new technologies.
- Client relationship skills and experience managing vendors.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Strong desire for personal development and learning.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided