WPP IT provides IT services for WPP, the world’s largest communications services group. As a creative transformation company, WPP is helping its clients transform the future through extraordinary work. WPP IT is an integral part of that journey and we are proud to provide technology for some of the world’s most creative brands.
Why we're hiring:
At WPP, technology is at the heart of everything we do, and it is WPP IT’s mission to enable everyone to collaborate, create and thrive. WPP IT is undergoing a significant transformation to modernise ways of working, shift to cloud and micro-service-based architectures, drive automation, digitise colleague and client experiences and deliver insight from WPP’s petabytes of data.
As we continue on this journey, an important element of this transformation is the creation and building of our Global Technology Services (GTS) function within WPP IT which is responsible for our IT Infrastructure & Operations across the Group. This includes the management and transformation of our Hosting & Distributed environment (Servers, Storage etc.), Connectivity (Network) and Cloud Services (Azure, GCP, AWS).
The role holder will report into their GTS Creative Archetype Regional Operations & Engineering Lead.
This position plays a pivotal role in ensuring Global IT & Archetype specific technology programs and projects are delivered to the regional business to an acceptable standard, in a timely manner and agreed cost. You will be responsible for reviewing and maintaining the portfolio of work for the region, understand the demand of resource on the team and have responsibility to provide the technical co-ordination for the delivery of infrastructure services, migrations and refresh into the Region. You will need to have a strong understanding of the organization's products and services to define technical problems in projects and works with third party vendors staff to determine and implement solutions.
The role holder will need to engage across multiple teams and stakeholders both within GTS, with other WPP IT Teams, our OpCos and external Partners.
You will be joining the world's largest marketing services group and have significant autonomy and responsibility in making the role a success.
What you'll be doing:
- Act as the regional point of contact for the Creative Archetype for programs of work that impact the region and its markets
- Archetype Technical SME who provides the technical co-ordination and management for the delivery of infrastructure services, migrations and refresh into the Region and/or Opco. Ensure these are delivered to scope, performance, costs, and schedule
- Provide technology guidance to the Archetype team and follow WPP standards and processes and using only WPP approved tools
- Educate the Archetype team and business on how to use the IT services and maximise benefits about IT policies, procedures, security, and compliance
- Help to co-ordinate resources and backfill requirements as required to deliver the projects/programs and services. Comply with budgets and delivery times
- Works with GTS Archetype Solution Architects and WPP IT Archetype OpCo CIO Teams to understand standards and business demand
- Works in alignment with other WPP IT Teams to deliver technical projects including GTS Archetype Leads, GTS Cloud Hub, GTS Hosting, GTS Connectivity, WPP IT Strategy & Architecture & WPP IT Archetype CIO Teams
- Provide SME Support to WPP IT Transformation and other Major WPP IT Programmes/Projects including Mergers/Acquisitions/Divestment and the Migration, Refresh, Decommission of infrastructure
- Liaise with other Archetype Technical Delivery Leads to understand common themes
What you'll need:
- Knowledge of Infrastructure Solutions (Cloud, Network/Connectivity, Hosting, Server & Storage) and their technical delivery
- Strong understanding of the organization's products and services to define technical problems in projects and works with third party vendors staff to determine and implement solutions.
- Project Management (Agile and Waterfall) and Project Financial Management
- Experience of working with global teams with excellent people and team management skills in large scale, high complexity environments. Able to manage upwards and influence accordingly as well as able to motivate others
- Independent thinker, strong decision-making capabilities, highly organised, excellent planning skills with strong technology and change background
- Ability to build trust and creditability, has gravitas, and ability to work with and relate to highly demanding internal clients' base
- A direct, straightforward style, able to challenge to clarify understanding, with strong analytical skills and able to cut to the core quickly
- Computer Science background or formal training
- Able to travel
- English fluency in verbal and written communication
Who you are:
You're open: We are inclusive and collaborative; we encourage the free exchange of ideas; we respect and celebrate diverse views. We are accepting: of new ideas, new partnerships, new ways of working.
You're optimistic: We believe in the power of creativity, technology and talent to create brighter futures or our people, our clients and our communities. We approach all that we do with conviction: to try the new and to seek the unexpected.
You're extraordinary: we are stronger together: through collaboration we achieve the amazing. We are creative leaders and pioneers of our industry; we provide extraordinary every day.
What we'll give you:
Passionate, inspired people – We promote a culture of people that do extraordinary work.
Scale and opportunity – We offer the opportunity to create, influence and complete projects at a scale that is unparalleled in the industry.
Challenging and stimulating work – Unique work and the opportunity to join a group of creative problem solvers. Are you up for the challenge?
If this role hasn’t captured your interest, that’s ok! Would you consider sharing your opinion?
At WPP, we’re always trying to improve our hiring process, so your feedback is appreciated. Don’t worry, all responses will not influence any future applications that you may make.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided