Genies is culture’s leading avatar technology company empowering humans to create their own avatar ecosystems. Genies provides tools (Genies Avatar Creator OS) that allows users to create their own avatars, avatar wearable fashion lines, avatar worlds, and avatar interactive experiences in web3. The company has 99% celebrity avatar market share through its partnerships with Universal Music Group and Warner Music Group as their “official avatar and digital goods NFT provider” with thousands of Genie creators including Justin Bieber, Migos, Cardi B, and J Balvin. Bringing the power of NFTs and crypto to culture, Genies’ avatar ecosystem NFT marketplace “The Warehouse” built with Dapper Labs, allows talent, IP, and creators to design and sell their avatar ecosystem creations (i.e. avatar fashion lines) to the masses. Genies has raised $200M from investors such as Silver Lake, BOND, NEA, and Breyer Capital.
Genies is looking for an experienced Cloud Infrastructure Engineer to help contribute to the current and future growth of our technology platforms. As a member of the Cloud Infrastructure team here at Genies you will be accountable for ensuring our platforms availability and play a key role enhancing the engineering teams capabilities to design, build and operate robust systems at scale. You will combine software and systems engineering to design and build systems, platforms, tools, and frameworks to assure the reliability of our scaling distributed systems.
What You'll Be Doing
- Automate, test, and deploy well-designed cloud infrastructure services at scale
- Design Cloud-Native Architectures and optimize applications for AWS
- Manage infrastructure stacks including containerized applications, server-less architectures, network components, and cloud governance using Terraform
- Profile and optimize for load, latency, reliability, availability, fault tolerance, and observability
- Apply best practices in all aspects of service availability including security, testability, and release management
- Collaborate with other engineering teams on architectural designs and code reviews. Measure the risk of introduced features to plan ahead and maintain the healthy status of the infrastructure.
- Provide emergency response for service incidents according to monitoring and escalate when needed
What You Should Have
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related fields. 1+ years professional experience as a reliability, systems, devops, infrastructure, or platform engineer
- Expertise in Infrastructure as Code with Terraform and Amazon Web Services
- Proficiency in Python and/or Golang. Able to to write, debug, and optimize code
- Strong knowledge of Kubernetes, containerized applications, and server-less architecture
- Strong knowledge of designing, analyzing, and troubleshooting APIs services, distributed NoSQL and relational databases, caching systems, event-driven and multi-tier architectures
- Strong knowledge of task automation and CI/CD pipeline building
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with effective communication skills and strong ownership
- Understanding of Unix/Linux operating systems
- Knowledge of cloud security best practices and cost-effective cloud architecture is preferred but not required
How Genies will support you
Genies is a well-funded, growing start-up that cares deeply about each of our employees' growth and success. Our roles and their responsibilities are created with a breadth of scope that introduces each employee to exciting new challenges and opportunities that a growing start-up encounters. The actual base pay is dependent upon a number of factors, including: professional background, training, transferable skills, work experience, education, location, business and product needs, and market demand. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. Full-time employees may also be eligible for equity compensation, in addition to a robust health, wellness, and benefits package.
Starting Salary Range: $135,000.00 to $185,000.00 USD
Here's why you'll love working at Genies:
- You'll work with a team that you’ll be able to learn from and grow with, including support for your own professional development
- You'll be at the helm of your own career, shaping it with your own innovative contributions to a nascent team and product with flexible hours and a work from home policy
- You'll enjoy the culture and perks of a startup, with the stability of being well funded
- Comprehensive health insurance for you and your family (Anthem + Kaiser Options Available), Dental and Vision Insurance
- Competitive salaries and 401K program for all full time employees
- Flexible paid time off, sick time, and paid company holidays, in addition to paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and jury duty leave for full-time employees
- Health & wellness support through programs such as monthly wellness reimbursement
- Working in a brand new, bright, open-environment and fun office space - there’s even a slide!
- Choice of MacBook or windows laptop
Genies is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided