We’re looking for a collaborative and self-motivated Cloud Security Engineer to join our quickly growing team and make a big impact.
As a Cloud Security Engineer on the Security Team, you’ll work closely with software engineers, product managers, and designers, to ensure that our infrastructure is secure. You’ll work on major technical projects with large data volumes, lead the building of new features, and help shape our engineering culture and processes. You will help to automate our security processes and build out new alerting and detection mechanisms. Our tech stack includes Python, Django, Celery, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Vue, and Webpack. Our technology team is focused on scale, quality, delivery, and thoughtful customer experience. We ship frequently without sacrificing work/life balance.
To be set up for success in this role, you’ll need to have::
- 5+ years total professional experience as a cloud/infrastructure security engineer
- AWS experience and Python or significant web experience in a similar framework
If any of the below also describe you, this could be an exciting opportunity:
- Worked on a complex, high-traffic site at a startup or software-as-a-service company, ideally with large amounts of data
- Experience with MySQL (or Postgres) and/or ElasticSearch
- Any combination of the following: experience with Celery, Luigi or Airflow, Kafka, AWS, NLP, data model performance tuning, content extraction, application performance tuning
- Interest in journalism, news, media or social media
In addition, we’re always looking for candidates who:
- Have excellent communication skills, with an ability to explain ideas clearly, give and receive feedback, and work well with team members
- Exhibit a willingness to learn in areas where they have less experience with our tech stack
- Take pride in the quality of their code. (Your code should be readable, testable, and understandable years later. You adhere to the Zen of Python)
- Work well in a fast-paced development environment with testing, continuous integration and multiple daily deploys
- Have the ability to manage complexity in a large project, and incur technical debt only after considering the tradeoffs
- Take a logical approach to problem solving that combines analytical thinking and intuition
Below you'll find an outline of the interview plan for this role. Please note that this is what we expect the process to look like; we may ask you for supplemental information or require an additional step before making a final decision.
- 30 min interview with a member of our Talent Team
- 1 hour zoom interview with the hiring manager
- Take-home coding assignment (2 hours max)
- 30 min code review discussion
- Final interview with several team members
The starting salary for this role is between $152,000 - $170,000, depending on skills and experience. We take a geo-neutral approach to compensation within the US, meaning that we pay based on job function and level, not location. For all other countries, we have competitive pay bands based on market standards.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided