Why this role
The Senior DevOps Engineer will be a hands-on technology expert that plays a key role in identifying, building and maintaining developer tooling systems that enable Evolve engineering teams to scale quickly.
This role will support and collaborate closely with cross-functional product and cloud teams focused on delivering features to our web platform.
This role requires expertise building custom DevOps solutions for modern web applications in AWS and GitLab CI/CD. Candidates must be comfortable creating strategy as well as leading tactically in a hands-on capacity.
What you’ll do
- Design, develop and maintain tools for automation that reduce operational friction and increase engineering efficiency.
- Provision infrastructure with Terraform and create reusable modules.
- Implement application monitoring tools that reflect the wellness of the Evolve application.
- Collaborate with teams across the organization to identify DevOps needs and deliver solutions.
- Take ownership over the establishment and maintenance of Gitlab repositories, create new CI/CD templates and standardize the process of generating new git repositories.
- Enable teams to integrate and deploy code with CI/CD pipelines in a manner that is secure, reliable and efficient.
- Create, build and deploy Pipelines using Gitlab.
- Integrate tooling with build infrastructure and achieve process consistency throughout Evolve.
What makes you a great fit
- 6+ years experience in a DevOps role.
- Success in having provided technical leadership as a senior member of a development team
- Expert Understanding of modern DevOps best practices and how to implement them.
- Experience automating the provisioning of infrastructure (preferably Terraform)
- Experience with one or more application monitoring tools as well as the ability to use those tools to verify the wellness of production environments.
- Senior Experience with one or more cloud infrastructure providers (preferably AWS).
- Senior Experience building deployment pipelines (preferably in GitLab, Docker and/or AWS).
- Experience participating in design sprints and the ability to prototype quickly.
- Ability to debug problems that span across systems, and design solutions that span the whole stack.
- Ability to identify and prioritize work in a manner that is in alignment with the needs of the organization.
- Previous success working in a Scrum environment as well as experience working with Agile and Lean methodologies.
- Experience with Jira, Git and Confluence.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Dedication to learning and always striving to improve.
Evolve has a flexible working environment so teammates can work remotely anywhere in the state of Colorado, in our beautiful downtown Denver office, remotely or a hybrid of both! As we grow, we are working towards opening remote opportunities across the entire U.S. We currently are able to hire across the U.S except in the following locations: California, District of Columbia, Hawaii, New Jersey, New Mexico, and Pennsylvania.
For this role our salary range is $136,000 to $176,000, depending on relevant experience. This role will also be eligible to receive a variable annual bonus based on both company and individual performance.
Additional comp details:
Equity: 50% of salary equivalent RSUs
Variable comp: 10% of salary target
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided