We are seeking a talented Cloud Operations Engineer to join our team. As a key member of our engineering team, you will be responsible for ensuring the availability, reliability, and scalability of our cloud-based infrastructure. You will be working with the operations team to design, implement, and maintain cloud infrastructure services, focusing on optimizing performance and cost. The ideal candidate is a skilled problem solver with a passion for reliability, automation, and scalability.
What you’ll do
- Design and implement cloud infrastructure solutions in close collaboration with the operations team, including the deployment, configuration, and management of cloud-based services.
- Ensure high availability and reliability of cloud infrastructure services by monitoring performance, capacity, and availability, and responding to alerts and incidents in a timely manner.
- Work closely with the development teams to make certain that the applications are built with scalability and cloud-readiness in mind.
- Automate cloud infrastructure deployment and configuration using scripting and other tools.
What you’ll bring
- Expertise in programming (structured and OO) with one or more high level languages, such as Python, Java, C/C++.
- Experience designing large-scale distributed systems.
- Strong understanding of cloud computing concepts and technologies, including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS).
- Experience with cloud infrastructure services, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, or Google, Cloud Platform
- Strong understanding of cloud infrastructure automation and configuration tools such as Terraform, Ansible, and Puppet.
- Strong scripting skills (Python, Bash, or PowerShell).
- Experience with cloud monitoring and alerting tools, such as Datadog, AppDynamics, or CloudWatch.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to troubleshoot complex issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The firm’s ethos is embedded in our people. ‘Talent is our strategy’ is our mantra and drives how we approach all initiatives at the firm. We believe our success is because of our people, so putting our talent above all else is our top priority.
Schonfeld strives to create an environment where our people can thrive. We foster a teamwork-oriented, collaborative environment where ideas at any level are encouraged and shared. The development and advancement of our talent is honed through interactions with each other, learning & educational offerings, and through opportunities to make impactful contributions. In our agile environment, engineers are expected to self-organize and collaborate on the best way to solve problems, and they are collectively responsible for the entire team's delivery. Engineering teams are small and cross-functional, and value learning and knowledge sharing.
At Schonfeld, we strive to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout all of our employees with Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at the forefront of this mission. As a firm we are committed to creating a hiring process which is not only fair, but also welcoming and supportive. On a daily basis, our employees welcome diversity across identity, thought, people and views which serves as the foundation of our culture and success. You can learn more about our DEI initiatives here - Belonging @ Schonfeld.
Who we are
Schonfeld Strategic Advisors is a multi-manager platform that invests its capital with Internal and Partner portfolio managers, primarily on an exclusive or semi-exclusive basis, across four trading strategies; quantitative, fundamental equity, tactical trading and discretionary macro & fixed income. We have created a unique structure to provide global portfolio managers with autonomy, flexibility and support to best enable them to maximize the value of their businesses.
Over the last 30 years, Schonfeld has successfully capitalized on inefficiencies and opportunities within the markets. We have developed and invested heavily in proprietary technology, infrastructure and risk analytics and continue to capitalize on new opportunities. In 2021 we launched our newest strategy, discretionary macro & fixed income as part of the continual growth of Schonfeld’s investible universe. Our portfolio exposure has expanded across the Americas, Europe and Asia as well as multiple asset classes and products.
The base pay for this role is expected to be between $150,000 - $200,000. The expected base pay range is based on information at the time this post was generated. This role may also be eligible for other forms of compensation such as a performance bonus and a competitive benefits package. Actual compensation for the successful candidate will be determined based on a variety of factors such as skills, qualifications, and experience.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided