Senior Devops Engineer | Portugal (Porto or Lisbon - hybrid working is expected)
At GetGround, DevOps Engineers do everything a Backend Engineer does and also set up, support and maintain CI/CD where required. We primarily use Golang, deployed on Google Cloud. We care about thoughtful, tested, documented code that delivers excellence to our customers.
The Engineering function is led by CTO and Co-Founder, Misrab, a Stanford Computer Scientist and Joao, former Engineering Director at Talkdesk in Porto. You can read about our philosophy to product engineering here. You can also take a listen to one of our Podcast episodes with one of our Backend Engineers here.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of building a product with significant market fit as it scales exponentially. Beyond strong traditional technical skills, we’re huge fans of clean design thinking and architecting, as well as communication and an ability to learn and adapt.
What you will do
- Develop tooling for engineers to quickly build and deploy new services
- Support setup and maintenance of CI/CD for new and existing services
- Management and upkeep of observability stack & cloud infrastructure on GCP
- Design and write clean documentation
- Improving our overall system engineering design and architecture, to ensure availability and reliability of our systems
- Provide training and support to internal teams
The essential experience you will have
- Professional experience as a DevOps engineer (or equivalent)
- Familiarity with a programming language
- Solid understanding of CI/CD and deployment techniques and experience with any CI toolchain
- Experience with GCP, AWS or any other cloud provider (we use GCP)
- Containerisation, docker and kubernetes
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided