Virtual Health is looking for a Senior/Principal DevOps Engineer to plan, deploy, maintain, and manage AWS infrastructure that consists of multiple AWS services as well as supporting existing Linux systems. We are in an expansion mode for our fast-growing company with ambitious goals to build out best practices in accordance with compliance from HIPAA and HITRUST.
VirtualHealth is the developer of HELIOS - the first comprehensive platform purpose-built for integrated value-based care and deployed by some of the most innovative healthcare organizations in the country to manage millions of lives. Through the HELIOS platform, VirtualHealth empowers healthcare organizations to achieve enhanced outcomes while maximizing efficiency, improving transparency, and lowering costs. VirtualHealth is a technology innovator who made the Deloitte Fast 500 in both 2018 and 2019. For more information, please visit www.virtualhealth.com.
About Your Contributions:
- Install, configure, and administer IT infrastructure and systems solutions, including databases, web/search/MQ and other software servers, virtualizations, backup, security, monitoring, cloud and resource management, scripting, and configuration management on AWS for SaaS systems
- Work with Production Systems to ensure smooth and supportable deployments
- Set, configure, and administer a broad range of AWS components including network, servers, containers, software and data services
- Deploy monitoring, preventive, and counteractive systems and programs to detect, deter, and combat security threats
- Interface with management, their own and cross-functional technical teams, and periodically interacts with third party vendors.
- Mentor team to support Virtual Health and individual career objectives
- Set and manage business continuity and disaster recovery procedures
- Perform system backups and restores
- Manage both operating systems and end user software
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or computer information systems or equivalent
- 5+ years in system administration
- 3+ years with AWS stack - Compute, Storage, Database, Network, Management and IAM
- Strong knowledge and significant experience with Debian/Ubuntu Linux, LEMP Stack, MySQL/PostgreSQL, Docker, CI/CD, Bash or Python Scripting
- Solid understanding of AGILE software development methodologies and use of a standard software development tool suite.
- Extensive knowledge of network security
- Solid TCP/IP networking foundation including routing, subnetting, VPN, packet filtering/firewalling, VLANs, packet capture/analysis, and NAT configuration
- Demonstrated expertise with Amazon Web Services, AWS certifications preferred
- Knowledge related to server hardware, including networks and storage devices
- Solid understanding of Linux Web infrastructure setup, administration, and operations
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and quickly resolve issues
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance with attention to detail and follow-up.
- US citizen
- No criminal record
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental, and vision Insurance
- 401K Participation
- Rapidly growing technology company with upside potential
- Equity participation in the form of stock options
- Unlimited Paid Time Off ("PTO")
- 12 Company Holidays
VirtualHealth is committed to ensuring that information security remains a top priority for everyone. All workers are responsible for the protection of our Information Security and we take the execution of this seriously. Information Security Policies and procedures details and training will be provided during onboarding.
Each candidate will be subject to a background and reference check before beginning employment.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided