Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We serve everyone from one-person startups to over 30% of the Fortune 100 with a powerful, trust-driven platform that enables companies and talent to work together in new ways that unlock their potential.
Last year, more than $3.3 billion of work was done through Upwork by skilled professionals who are gaining more control by finding work they are passionate about and innovating their careers.
This is an engagement through Upwork’s Hybrid Workforce Solutions (HWS) Team. Our Hybrid Workforce Solutions Team is a global group of professionals that support Upwork’s business. Our HWS team members are located all over the world.
Must Haves (Required Skills):
- Hands-on experience with microservices architectures: discovery, service to service communication patterns, high availability deployments
- Moderate- to deep-level experience with at least one high-level programming language (Ruby, Python, Go)
- Hands-on experience with cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with Infrastructure as Code tools (Terraform, CloudFormation, etc.)
- Experience with Containerized deployments
- Understanding of networking protocols like tcp/ip
- Understanding of HTTP protocol
Nice to Haves (Not Required Skills):
- Hands-on experience with a Container orchestration platform (K8s, ECS, Docker compose/swarm)
- Knowledge of DevOps best practices used for software development, such as version control, collaboration, compliance, and CI/CD
- Experience with security best practices as it relates to infrastructure design and interprocess communications
- Experience with web proxies (nginx, envoy, haproxy)
If you are familiar with the following or want to learn, here are the technologies we use:
- AWS Cloud: VPC, IAM, EC2, ECS, EKS, ELB, Route53, KMS, Cloudwatch, S3, RDS, DynamoDB, etc.
- Terraform, CloudFormation, ArgoCD for infrastructure provisioning and continuous deployments
- Jenkins and Argo Workflow based pipelines
- Kubernetes and ECS for Container orchestration
- Consul for service discovery and dynamic configuration
- Vault for secret management
- Istio for service mesh in Kubernetes
- Prometheus Stack for monitoring and alerting
- ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana) for logging
- Kafka for asynchronous messaging
- Java, Node.js, Python for building services and scripting
Upwork is proudly committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce. We never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided