Cloud Product Security Partner (Staff or Principal Level Preferred) (REMOTE - Palo Alto, CA)
We are Skyflow, a Silicon Valley startup that has built the world’s first data privacy vault delivered as an API. Our mission is to transform how businesses handle and protect their users’ financial, healthcare, and personal information — the data that powers our digital economy. Inspired by the zero trust data vaults that Apple and Netflix built to handle customer data, we've built a cloud-based vault that is available through a simple and elegant API. With Skyflow, developers can easily build best-of-breed data privacy, security and compliance directly into their applications, the same way they use Stripe, Twilio, or Okta.
Skyflow is based in Palo Alto California, with offices in Bangalore India, and team members working from locations all around the world. Come join us!
About the role:
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, multi-tasker, and demonstrated team-player. We are looking for a passionate security practitioner to lead our various SaaS product security initiatives as well as driving the roadmap of our security posture. Successful candidates have experience leading and implementing various aspects of infrastructure and application security for mission critical enterprise SaaS products.
Skyflow treats security functions as one of the very top key elements of our offerings. You will be working with a team of brilliant and passionate engineers to pioneer the field.
- Liaison with engineering teams throughout stages of project to ensure delivery of secure and privacy-aware capabilities
- Collaborate across teams to drive a world class security roadmap of our SaaS offerings
- Continuous risk assessment and remediations of the product
- Evangelize security and privacy best practices internally and externally
- Drive Security Development LifeCycle across teams and departments
- Architect various security controls and translate them for engineering implementation
- 7+ years of relevant experience
- Prior engineering experience leading security architecture of mission critical SaaS applications and/or b2b platform-as-a-service (PaaS)
- Demonstrated expertise in key application security domains, including authentication, authorization, cryptography, key management, threat modeling and analysis
- In-depth knowledge in cloud security operations, including WAF, monitoring, threat hunting, and incident response, in container centric infrastructure
- Experience in operating security functions in compliance environment such as HiTRUST/SOC2 is highly desirable
- Experience participating in open source initiatives or driving standard is very desirable
- Background and fluency in Privacy Enhancing Technologies, including Homomorphic Encryption, SMC and differential privacy is very desirable
At Skyflow, we believe that diverse teams are the strongest teams. We invite applicants of all genders, races, ethnicities, nationalities, ages, religions, sexual orientations, disability statuses, educational experiences, family situations, and socio-economic backgrounds.
A base salary range of $150,000 - $240,000 can be expected for this role in the San Francisco/Bay Area. You could also be entitled to receive an additional incentive bonus or variable pay, equity, and benefits.
Skyflow operates from a place of high trust and transparency; we are happy to disclose the pay range for our open roles that best align with your needs. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, education, and location.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided