We are looking for experienced, senior engineer to lead the rapid growth of our Cloud Platform and marketplace. As a Lead Software Engineer, Cloud Platform, you will be responsible for building and running a high-traffic and fast-growing site -- the Poshmark community currently creates a new listing every 2 seconds and generates millions of likes, comments, and shares every single day. Help us push the limits of cloud-based technologies to accelerate our explosive growth.
This position is a full-time role located in Chennai, India.
- Help build an application and service delivery platform on top of a distributed cloud architecture, using a combination of NoSQL data solutions, Queueing technologies, and Search infrastructure.
- Design, architect and implement new product features for the marketplace using a highly iterative and data-oriented approach.
- Build, analyze, tune and enhance the core components of the Poshmark product and cloud platform that powers millions of e-commerce transactions.
- Work closely with the product & customer support teams to have a direct impact on our growing business.
- Solid foundation in computer science with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design
- 5+ years of relevant software engineering experience
- Experience creating web-based APIs and REST APIs
- Understanding of issues related to scalability and performance at all tiers of the application
- Experience with any or all of: caching, queuing, RPC, and distributed data storage
- Experience with NoSQL data solutions is a plus
- Experience with Amazon AWS or other Cloud Computing platforms is preferred
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or related discipline
- User-oriented focus and obsession with quality
Founded in 2011, Poshmark is the largest social commerce marketplace for fashion where anyone can buy, sell and share their personal style. With millions of shoppers and over 1.5 million sellers, Poshmark brings together a vibrant community everyday to express themselves and share their love of fashion. The company has made it so simple to sell your style that the Poshmark community uploads over three million dollars worth of inventory into the marketplace every day - right from their phone. Poshmark has raised over $70 million in funding from Mayfield, Menlo Ventures, GGV Capital, Inventus Capital, SoftTech VC, Union Grove Venture Partners, Shea Ventures and AngelList. The company was also named a top retail brand to watch and one of the top three shopping apps for college students in Goldman Sachs’ 2016 dotCommerce Report.
At Poshmark we are constantly challenging the status quo and are looking for innovative and passionate people to help shape the future of our business. Our culture is built around the concept of love and our community and company mantra is "Embrace Your Weirdness" aimed to empower everyone on their own unique journey. We’re nothing without our amazing team of leaders, innovators and dreamers; the people who put all the pieces together to deliver an unparalleled social shopping experience to the millions of people we connect each day.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided