Be Challenged and Make a Difference
In a world of technology, people make the difference. We believe if we invest in great people, then great things will happen. At AnaVation, we provide unmatched value to our customers and employees through innovative solutions and an engaging culture.
Description of Task to be Performed:
Continuously evaluates available services and makes recommendations to the government on strategies for implementation.
- Strategies for failure/recovery, continuity of operations
- Cost optimization
- Benefit analysis of cloud, cloud agnostic, and on-premises services
- Leveraging sound DevOps principles, practices and tools to improve the speed, reliability, integrity and security of software delivery
- Using best practices and defined operational workflows to support the full system engineering life-cycle, including requirements analysis, design, development, integration, test, documentation, and implementation
- Developing, reviewing, and revising scripts and programs for management, maintenance, and deployment of AWS instances
- Utilizing AWS services and utilities to streamline the service offerings of the client to other divisions within the organization
- Continuously evaluate available services and makes recommendations to the government on strategies for implementation, including disaster recovery\outage recovery, cost optimization, and benefits analysis of native-cloud vs third-party services
Required Qualifications:Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or other related analytical, scientific, or technical discipline. 10 years of experience developing comprehensive and innovative technical solution. At least 2 years of experience with 1 of the 3 major cloud service providers (Amazon, Microsoft, or Google). Experience architecting and migrating on-premises applications into a cloud platform.
Preferred Qualifications:2+ years of hands-on experience with AWS, creating instances, using CloudFormation, and managing Security Groups Experience monitoring the health of the network and assisting with troubleshooting Experience with Linux and creating/maintaining AWS configuration files and apps Experience working in DevOps/Agile teams Development of automated tasks and applications using Python (or similar coding languages: Java, C++, etc Experience with DevSecOps tooling and processes including Infrastructure as Code (e.g. CloudFormation/Terraform), Docker, and CI/CD pipelines Experience with Packer, Consul, and Vault Experience with container orchestration platforms such as AWS ECS or Kubernetes/EKS Experience with observability tools such as Splunk and CloudWatch; understanding of application logging, metrics, and tracing Experience with code versioning in GitLab Experience with Jira and Confluence for task tracking\management, and documentation
· Up to 95% company paid medical insurance for the employee and dependents
· 100% company paid dental insurance for employees and dependents
· 100% company paid long-term and short term disability insurance
· 100% company paid vision insurance for employees and dependents
· 401k plan with generous match and 100% immediate vesting
· Competitive Pay
· Generous paid leave and holiday package
· Tuition and training reimbursement
· Life and AD&D Insurance
AnaVation is the leader in solving the most complex technical challenges for collection and processing in the U.S. Federal Intelligence Community. We are a US owned company headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia. We deliver groundbreaking research with advanced software and systems engineering that provides an information advantage to contribute to the mission and operational success of our customers. We offer complex challenges, a top-notch work environment, and a world-class, collaborative team.
If you want to grow your career and make a difference while doing it, AnaVation is the perfect fit for you!