Staff Cloud Developer, Platform Engineering
Job location: Ottawa-Hybrid, Other Canadian locations- Remote
Additional requirements: Candidates must meet Controlled Goods Program Requirements.
About the Team
Imperative Orchestration, Declarative Automation - The Platform Engineering Team is responsible for building and running a cloud platform that enables delivery teams to self-service deployments with reduced lead time and complexity. We also provide cloud services and tools that enable internal development teams to build, test and deploy their applications using modern platform tooling like Git CI/CD pipelines, Terraform and Kubernetes delivery via ArgoCD. These same tools we leverage to ensure our customer environments are automated and continuously up to date. We are passionate about code and the power of automation to simplify complex processes.
As a Staff Cloud Developer in platform engineering, you will be a part of our team that provides the infrastructure, core capabilities and expertise to enable our product teams to deliver at pace and build a platform for hosting Kinaxis SaaS offerings. We have a strong engineering culture, focused on steady, correct delivery, with a cloud-first approach. We are rapidly growing, supercharging the team that powers our developer & application platform.
What you will do
- Apply software engineering principles to application and operations challenges with a focus on automation and self-healing.
- Collaborate with teams across the enterprise to uncover pain points and formulate ways to accelerate delivery.
- Adopt existing Reference Architectures and their implementations; contribute to the design of new Reference Architectures.
- Deliver cloud reference architectures to be used by teams across the enterprise as they work to modernize existing technologies and build new capabilities to deliver to Customers.
- Provide an exceptional experience to our development and operations teams, with a focus on self-service using modern approaches.
- Investigate new system solutions to enhance application delivery experiences through innovative experiments or Proof of Concept.
- Build and manage, stable & secure cloud automation using cloud orchestration capabilities, scripting languages and APIs to design, code, test, implement and support Infrastructure as Code (IaC).
- Lead team members in achieving professional excellence utilizing industry best practices.
- Advise and maintain a feedback loop with development and operations teams to ensure deliveries are in accordance with needs and expectations.
- Function as a go-to tech lead for pinpointing challenges and finding creative solutions.
- Prioritize projects/tasks according to company needs and expectations.
- Lead team code reviews and design reviews.
What we are looking for
- Bachelor’s/Master's degree in Engineering with specialization in Computer Science or related discipline or demonstrated equivalent experience.
- 8 years of experience with architecture and deployment of Cloud Services.
- 5 years of experience with Infrastructure and Platform engineering for high availability and scalable architectures in the cloud.
- 5 years of experience with public cloud platforms (both console and API) like GCP, Azure or AWS
- Strong knowledge of system design to manage operational and reliability trade-offs.
- Extensive experience developing in Go, Python and Shell/Bash.
- Proven practical experience in building and managing:
- Infrastructure as Code (Terraform)
- Configuration management tools (Ansible)
- CI/CD solutions (Git, GitOps, Argo CD)
- Containers and orchestrators (Docker, Kubernetes, Helm)
- System monitoring and centralized logging platforms (Datadog, Prometheus, ELK)
- Practical understanding of agile methodologies and Scrum.
- Ability to share knowledge with others in the company.
- In-depth and proactive communication and documentation skills.
- Initiative and ability to work independently, and as part of a team.
- Ability to use a wide variety of open-source technologies.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided