- Locations: Roles will be based in London or Scotland (Glasgow, Edinburgh Livingston). You must be available to commute or relocate to either of these locations to apply
- Salary: £27,500 + benefits
- Start Date: 9th Please only apply if you are available full-time from this date
- You must have the right to work in the UK for your application to be successful
Why join Digital Futures?
We are a purpose-led technology training and services company. Our mission is to transform the lives of people like you by supporting individuals from all backgrounds to acquire the necessary skills and confidence to start their career in technology.
By focusing on potential, rather than background or experience, we unlock exceptional talent and help people like you to thrive in diverse and high-performing teams.
If you have the right mindset and drive, we will help you reach your career goals, preparing you to become a leader of tomorrow.
Your journey with us:
- Training - your journey with Digital Futures starts with 12 weeks of free immersive training, during which our team of expert instructors will help you learn essential technical and professional skills to prepare you for your first cloud engineering role. Our training is delivered online, with one-to-one mentoring and group project work.
- Certification –you will complete the AWS Cloud practitioner and AWS solutions architect associate certifications in the first 12-weeks of training.
- Employment - We will offer you a full-time employment contract with Digital Futures. You will be placed in a technology team with one of our clients, with a starting salary of £27,500.
- AWS Cloud Practitioner which covers cloud foundations as well as an introduction to the AWS cloud
- AWS Solution Architecture associate-level course and exam gives you the skills to design cloud solutions
- Terraform Associate exam to ensure you have the infrastructure-as-code experience needed by businesses
- Since all our customers have embraced multi-cloud, we will also take you through the Microsoft Azure Administrator.
- You’ll also be learning cloud engineer must-haves such as Linux, Bash Scripting, Docker, Kubernetes, Python and DevOps technologies
Training is underpinned by a professional skills curriculum designed to ensure that all our engineers are workplace ready once they have completed their technical training. Key professional skills modules include:
- Effective communication
- Job readiness
- Diversity and inclusion
- Interview skills
- Networking and personal brand
- Agile methodology
About the role:
Once you have completed your training you will be ready to start your role as a cloud engineer:
- Working with Digital Futures’ clients on their Cloud Adoption projects
- Applying the skills, you’ve learned about AWS Cloud during the immersive training
- Demonstrating your understanding of client requirements and translate them into technical solutions that have long term business benefits
- Troubleshooting problems that may occur and following Cloud best practise to run your solution securely
- Collaborating with teams around the business and presenting the benefits of Cloud technologies to them
What are we looking for?
You don’t need any previous formal education or experience in tech or cloud to join our Academy, if you can demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Genuine interest in tech and how it can help the world
- Growth mindset with a commitment to lifelong learning
- Self-starting and motivated by personal development
- Intellectually curious with strong problem-solving skills
- Team player and collaborative in nature
- Delivery mindset with the ability to get things done
- Truly motivated by the first step in a career in tech
Join us and start your Digital Future today.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided