About Automation Logic:
We are a leading cloud and automation consultancy, delivering technology-enabled transformation to enterprise clients through the delivery of Cloud, Automation and DevOps solutions.
Headquartered in London, United Kingdom, we have successfully delivered over 60 Cloud and Automation projects for some of the largest and most prestigious organisations in both the public and private sectors in the UK.
At Automation Logic, our culture and work environment means everything to us. We are passionate about instilling a workplace where everyone feels included, supported, empowered and respected. When we asked our Engineers why they joined us and why they love working here, the top answer was our company culture (followed by career progression opportunities).
The Cloud Engineer Role:
Much of our work has a direct impact on crucial services we use in the everyday world. The user experience is at the heart of every project we undertake and enterprise organisations tend to engage AL because we have a demonstrable capability of delivery in both the public and private sector.
Our Cloud Engineers all work on projects with external organisations, so as a Cloud Engineer representing Automation Logic, you will be working with both end-user and AL teams.
You will engage directly with client stakeholders and help build solutions to complex and varied problems, using best practices and domain knowledge. Using industry standard tools, you will manage infrastructure as code, build robust and scalable architectures, and automate deployments using flexible pipelines and integrated testing. You will be working in a team of talented and motivated engineers, often embedded alongside client engineers in order to provide upskilling and mentoring capabilities.
What you will be doing
- Encouraging and building automated processes wherever possible
- Designing, deploying and managing cloud infrastructure using cloud-native and third-party IaC tools
- Building and developing containers, clusters and orchestration environments
- Promoting continuous improvement by building continuous integration, and continuous deployment pipelines using a variety of technologies.
- Reviewing, verifying, and validating the code developed in the project.
- Monitoring and troubleshooting bugs, incidents and outages
- Incident management and root cause analysis
- Understanding customer requirements and project KPIs
- Communicating with a wide range of stakeholders, including team, client and external interfaces
- Mentoring and guiding junior team members
As a Cloud Engineer with Automation Logic, you will not be limited in your career path. From week one, you will complete a self-assessment and create a development plan. You will work with your line manager to create a plan that will allow you to progress to a Senior Cloud Engineer by developing your experience in the competencies below.
What we look for:
Instead of writing a shopping list of skills, here are the 11 areas we focus our training and development on:
- Public Cloud
- Infrastructure As Code / Configuration Management
- Linux System Fundamentals
- Consulting Behaviours
- Commercial Mindset
This combines consulting and soft skills with essential technical capability. Although we are looking for you to meet a number of these competencies, you don’t need to tick every box as we will work with you to develop as an Engineer and utilise our L&D budget.
An annual Flexible Benefits Allowance to build a benefits package to suit your individual and family needs.
- Private medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Gym membership or fitness classes
- Critical illness cover
- Health screening and allergy testing
- Independent financial advice, financial coaching and a tax return service
- Holiday trading to buy extra days holiday
- Cycle to work scheme
- Home fitness bike and online classes
- Carbon footprint advice
Automatic benefits that all employees receive:
- £2,000 per year personal development budget
- Employee Assistance Program for mental health support and supporting your wellbeing
- Life assurance
- Retail perks and discounts
- Hybrid home/ office working
- Home-working equipment
- Annual eye care support
At Automation Logic we strive for a workplace culture of Diversity and Inclusion, we do not discriminate based upon Race, Gender, Religion, Sexual Orientation, Age, Disability or any other basis. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and are willing to provide any reasonable adjustments within our recruitment process, please reach out to us if you require any support during your application. We aim to ensure equality of opportunity for all employees and candidates and to create a workforce that is diverse, that promotes inclusion and supports everyone to progress and achieve.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided