How you will help
As a part of our DevOps team, working alongside our product and development teams, you will own and be responsible for architecting and implementing scalable solutions that offer our customers new insights into their own businesses. You’ll use the best tools for the job -whether modern and revolutionary or time-tested and proven- to deliver elegant, scalable solutions that meet business and technical needs. Your team will support you and you the same. Peer review of solutions and implementations is expected. You will play an integral part in building the foundation of HealthVerity’s future.
What you will do
• Building, deployment, and maintenance of multiple AWS environments
• Management of CI/CD processes for internal tools using python or shell
• Work with the engineering team to develop robust and scalable platforms and workflows
• Develop, document, and implement migration plans for continuous improvement of existing products and services
• Troubleshooting and performance monitoring of applications, services, and related infrastructure components
• Network analysis and architecture design with a mind toward maintainability, scalability, and security within the cloud
• Make security a priority in everything you do
• Team-first mentality and collaborative
• Loves to automate things
• Data-driven; monitor, test, measure and identify bottlenecks at every step
• Leverage concepts such as impermanence to build highly reliable infrastructure
• Comfortable using distributed version control like Git, reading Linux shell scripts, Python, or similar languages
Required skills and experience
• 3+ years of experience in a DevOps role or similar
• Well-versed in version control platforms such as GitHub, Bitbucket, or SVMAWS experience and familiarity with common services available, including (but not limited to) EC2, RDS, API Gateway, Lambdas, S3, and CloudWatch Familiar with security and networking tools such as AWS VPCs, ACLs, and cross-account interactions
• Basic understanding of common security and privacy standards, such as HIPAA and/or FedRAMP
• Experience with any of the following: Terraform, Cloudformation, Chef, or AWS CDKExperience building CI/CD pipelines
Nice to have
• Linux system administration skills
• Competent in Python and/or TypeScript
• Strong background in deployment and configuration at scale in the cloud.
• Experience supporting scalable applications on distributed architectures
• Management and scaling of traditional RDBMSExperience with large-scale data management and processing systems such as Hadoop and Spark-based solutions
Base salary for the role is commensurate with experience and can range between $63,000 - 250,000 + annual bonus opportunity.
At HealthVerity we are actively solving some of the greatest challenges in healthcare through innovative technology and data solutions. Our customers and partners including pharmaceutical manufacturers, payers and government organizations look to HealthVerity to partner on their most complicated use cases, leveraging our transformative technologies and real-world data infrastructure. The HealthVerity IPGE platform, based on the foundational elements of Identity, Privacy, Governance and Exchange, enables the discovery of RWD across the broadest healthcare data ecosystem, the building of more complete and accurate patient journeys and the ability to power best-in-class analytics and applications with flexibility and ease. To learn more about the HealthVerity IPGE platform, visit www.healthverity.com
Why you'll love working here
We are making a difference – Our technology is at the forefront of some of the biggest healthcare challenges in the world.
We are one team – Our people define our culture and always will. We take time out to celebrate each other at the end of every week through company-wide shout outs, and acknowledge the value that each of us adds towards our greater mission. Come share all you have to offer.
We are learners – Every team member is continually learning, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or much longer. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our clients, partners, and each other.
Benefits & Perks
• Compensation: competitive base salary & annual bonus opportunity (for non-commissioned roles)
• Benefits: comprehensive benefits with coverage on Day 1, medical, dental, vision, 401k, stock options
• Flexible location: our HQ is in Philadelphia with 50% of the team distributed across 25+ states
• Generous PTO: Take time off as needed, targeted at 4 weeks per year, including vacation, personal and sick time, plus paid maternity and paternity leave.
• Comprehensive and individualized onboarding: mentorship program, departmental talks, and a library of resources are available beginning day 1 for each new team member to minimize the stress of starting a new job
• Professional development: biweekly 1:1s, hands-on leadership that is goal-and growth-oriented for each team member, and an annual budget to support professional development pursuits
HealthVerity is an equal opportunity employer devoted to inclusion in the workplace. We believe incorporating different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds make us stronger and encourages an environment where ageism, racism, sexism, ableism, homophobia, transphobia or any other form of discrimination are not tolerated. At HealthVerity, we’re working towards an innovative and connected future for healthcare data and believe the future is better together. We can only do that if everyone has a seat at the table. Read our Equity Inclusion and Diversity Statement
If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
HealthVerity offers in-office and remote options, so you can work from anywhere within the US! #LI-Remote