WPP IT provides IT services for WPP, the world’s largest communications services group. As a creative transformation company, WPP is helping its clients transform the future through extraordinary work. WPP IT is an integral part of that journey and we are proud to provide technology for some of the world’s most creative brands.
Why we're hiring:
The role is responsible for overseeing operations support for cloud services through monitoring, incident response, and incident resolution for production applications and infrastructure deployed in the cloud environment
What you'll be doing:
- Mentor junior employees within the function
- Rotate in on-call/shift rotation
- Maintain and enhance existing operational infrastructure
- Develop scripts for automation and monitoring
- Optimise the performance of our systems through team collaboration of hardware and software configurations
- Dive deep to resolve problems at their root, looking for failure patterns amenable to long-term solutions
- Works closely with other operations staff, platform engineering, and architecture to ensure services are available 24 x 7
- Monitor and Maintain Networks
- You will be responsible for maintaining the cloud hub operations, this includes the DevOps toolchain, building our AIOps capability and supporting our customers as they migrate or deploy new workloads to cloud.
- You will provide guidance on the Path to PaaS for migrated or new workloads in cloud.
- Provide hands-on cloud technical skills.
- Develop and maintain relationships with architecture and business stakeholders, WPP, WPP IT Functions, OpGroups / OpCos and project managers.
- Coach and lead Cloud Engineers.
What you'll need:
- Completed training in Azure, AWS and GCP Fundamentals
- Expert in either Azure or GCP
- Qualification - Google Cloud DevOps Engineer or Microsoft Azure DevOps Certification
- Hands-on experience in Cloud Operations and support
- Understanding of Enterprise IT management frameworks (e.g. ITIL v4 processes)
- Good architecture practice such as the AWS Well Architected Framework
- Understanding of Infrastructure as Code
- Experience in Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment methodologies
- Experience in monitoring and alerting for IT applications and platforms
- Experience troubleshooting Operating System and Application issues
- Strong, creative problem solving and analytical in nature
- Self-motivated, energetic and tenacious and working well under pressure
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise deadlines is a must
- Good verbal and written communication and documentation skills with close attention to detail and accuracy
- A keen interest in new technologies and willingness to research and self-study to keep technical skills relevant
- Skilled in building a strong rapport with customer and internal support teams in a managed services environment.
- Strong experience in a multi-disciplined team with an ability to clearly communicate complex technology solutions.
- Hands on experience of Windows or Linux operating System.
Who you are:
You're open: We are inclusive and collaborative; we encourage the free exchange of ideas; we respect and celebrate diverse views. We are accepting: of new ideas, new partnerships, new ways of working.
You're optimistic: We believe in the power of creativity, technology and talent to create brighter futures or our people, our clients and our communities. We approach all that we do with conviction: to try the new and to seek the unexpected.
You're extraordinary: we are stronger together: through collaboration we achieve the amazing. We are creative leaders and pioneers of our industry; we provide extraordinary every day.
What we'll give you:
Passionate, inspired people – We promote a culture of people that do extraordinary work.
Scale and opportunity – We offer the opportunity to create, influence and complete projects at a scale that is unparalleled in the industry.
Challenging and stimulating work – Unique work and the opportunity to join a group of creative problem solvers. Are you up for the challenge?
If this role hasn’t captured your interest, that’s ok! Would you consider sharing your opinion?
At WPP, we’re always trying to improve our hiring process, so your feedback is appreciated. Don’t worry, all responses will not influence any future applications that you may make.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided