Shift5 is seeking a full-time Junior DevOps Engineer to join our growing team. We’re looking for an engineer proficient in basic engineering principles with an enthusiasm for learning.
In this role, your primary responsibility will be creating and maintaining processes, scripts and tooling to manage our operations environment. You’ll set up infrastructure and pipelines to assist developers. You’ll perform maintenance and troubleshoot systems, while proactively communicating and coordinating with multiple project teams and stakeholders. Your familiarity with Git, Ansible and Docker are pivotal to achieving success in this position. This role resides in our Product Engineering team and reports directly to the Vice President, Engineering.
Shift5 is a rapidly growing cybersecurity company. We specialize in cybersecurity technology for operational systems, data collection, and insights for a wide variety of operational systems. To put it simply, we defend planes, trains and tanks from cyberattack. We are a collaborative, passionate and driven cadre of cyber security experts. Our engineers are multidisciplinary and our team is dynamic. We’re a growing company focused on helping our customer’s fleets run smarter and safer by capitalizing on mountains of data resting right about the wheels. Come join us.
In this role you will be expected to:
- Write scripts to automate repetitive tasks using appropriate technologies (ansible, bash, etc.)
- Assist fellow engineers to build CI/CD pipelines
- Provide Tier 1 support to engineering infrastructure needs
- Create and maintain a production support knowledge base
- Identify and fix bugs that appear within DevOps related code
- Ensure pipelines are not creating bottlenecks for rapid deployments
- Develop metrics to demonstrate pipeline utilization, scalability, errors/issues, etc.
- Coordinate with other team members to plan capacity and scaling needs
We're looking for someone who is/has:
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience in an enterprise technology environment
- Demonstrated expertise working with key stakeholders and clients to translate business requirements into operational solutions
- Working knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases, Linux, linux permissions, VPN’s, Role Based Access Control, general system administration (Windows/Linux/Mac), Docker and containers, Ansible scripting
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently within a team environment
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary and stock options in a fast-growing startup
- Employer-paid medical, dental and vision coverage for employees and their families
- Health Savings Account with annual employer contributions
- 401k with employer contributions
- Employer-paid Life Insurance
- Uncapped paid time off policy
- Flexible work & remote work policy
- Tax-deferred public transit benefits with Metro SmartBenefits (DC/MD/VA)
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of belonging that embraces the diversity of our people and represents the communities in which we work and the customers we serve. We know the happiest and highest performing teams include people with diverse perspectives and ways of solving problems. We strive to attract and retain talent from all backgrounds and create workplaces where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
Shift5 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, age, marital status, ancestry, projected veteran status, or any other protected group or class.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided