Canada's Challenger Bank™
Being a traditional bank just isn’t our thing. We are big believers in innovating the banking experience because we believe Canadians deserve better options, and we challenge ourselves and our teams to creatively transform what’s possible in banking. Our team is made up of inquisitive and agile minds that find smarter ways of doing things. If you’re not afraid of taking on big challenges and redefining the future, you belong at EQB. You’ll get to work with people who will encourage you to reach new heights. We like to keep things fun, ask questions and learn together. We’re proud to be a certified Great Place to Work since 2020 for Professional Development, Financial Services and Best Workplace. Our EQ Bank platform has been named #1 Bank in Canada on the Forbes World's Best Banks 2021 and 2022! We foster an inclusive environment that makes it easy for people to be themselves and bring their personalities to work. We would love to tell you more about what it’s like to work here.
The Cloud Platform Engineer is responsible for all aspects of our Kubernetes and Docker containers. He/she will be responsible for production support, administration, testing, and documenting various aspects of the cloud technology, tools and continuous delivery. He/she will ensure that all reported incidents are triaged and redressed in a timely manner with minimum business impact. In addition, he/she will work with other IT Administrators and vendors to ensure that the company’s applications, servers and systems are maintained as per the bank’s policies and procedures.
· Create, implement and manage cloud deployments using Kubernetes and Docker
· Provide expertise for operational management of cloud platform for monitoring, management, disaster recovery, security compliance/auditing, networking, storage, service brokers and build packs
· Develop and deliver configuration and deployment automation through Kubernetes/Docker required for continuously improving the functionality, availability, and manageability of platform and associated services.
· Set up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation and troubleshooting
· Use scripting tools to automate processes
· Develop, update, follow up and implement strategies, action plans, programs or solutions for technological infrastructure operation to ensure consistency and balance between business needs and compliance with requirements and good practices
· Develop performance indicators and monitoring methods. Identify problems and make recommendations to management.
· Maintain Primary and Disaster Recovery sites
· Interface and coordinate with development and technical support teams to resolve issues reported during daily operation
· Project Execution – perform tasks under the directions of the IT Director and/or according to a project plan in a way such that the timeline of the project is observed and the requirements of the task are satisfied
· Research new technologies and provide technical expertise as requested by IT Director
Let’s Talk About You!
· College diploma in computer science or equivalent is required. Higher accreditation (e.g., Bachelor of Computer Science) is an asset.
· 5+ years of experience working in an IT capacity
· 5+ years’ technical (OS, network operations, and monitoring) experience within an Enterprise sized business
· 2 year’ solid hands-on experience cloud deployments to Azure, AWS or GCP
· 2+ years of Kubernetes and Docker experience at an Enterprise scale(highly desirable)
· 1-2 years of experience doing DevOps
· 2+ years’ of hands-on experience in setting up logging and monitoring using one or more tools like ElasticSearch, Kibana, Filebeat, Logstash, Prometheus and Grafana
· Knowledge of containers, orchestration tools, and container management
· Experience in Service Mesh (Istio or Linkerd)
· Understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle including Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) pipeline architecture (Jenkins, Azure Devops) including deployments into Kubernetes environments using tools such as ArgoCD
· Experience in security tool and best practices such as Auqa
· Experience with IaC practice (infrastructure as code)
· Good scripting abilities (PowerShell, Bash, Python, Go, etc.)
· Good problem solving skills
· Experience working in a banking or financial services environment is desirable
The Cloud Platform Engineer will liaise with Technology and Project leadership teams to ensure project changes, enhancements, fixes, and emergency patches are implemented to production environments using secure and controlled procedures. Responsibilities also include, acting as point of contact for planning and securing lower environments, addressing cross-projects linkages and dependencies, tracking and communicating of changes as they are implemented.
What we offer [For full-time permanent roles]
💰 Competitive discretionary bonus
✨ Market leading RRSP match program
🩺 Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
📝 Employee Share Purchase Plan
👶🏽 Maternity/Parental top-up while you care for your little one
🏝 Generous vacation policy, personal days and even a moving day
🖥 Virtual events to connect with your fellow colleagues
🎓 Annual professional development allowance and a comprehensive Career Development program
💛 A fulfilling opportunity to join one of the top FinTechs and help create a new kind of banking experience
Equitable Bank is deeply committed to inclusion. Our organization is stronger and our employees thrive when we honour and celebrate everyone’s diverse experiences and perspectives. In tandem with that commitment, we support and encourage our staff to grow not just in their career path, but personally as well.
We commit to providing a barrier-free recruitment process and work environment for all applicants. Please let us know of any accommodations needed so that you can bring your best self to the application process and beyond. All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a criminal background check and credit check to qualify for hire. While we appreciate your interest in applying, an Equitable recruiter will only contact leading candidates whose skills and qualifications closely match the requirements of the position.
We can’t wait to get to know you!