See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Cloud Infrastructure Architect.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This is a technical leadership role that specializes in developing an infrastructure strategy and design of core capabilities that will be more secure, agile, resilient, and scalable while reducing technology sprawl and enabling the execution of business strategies. This role will design and modernize Compute, Data, Developer, and Observability Infrastructure foundations spanning Twilio's CDP and Multi-Channel Marketing product suite.
Infrastructure Architect will establish as a thought leader helping engineering teams to develop secure, low latency, highly efficient, and highly available systems. You will work with cross-functional teams and other architects to create and execute a multi-year infrastructure strategy.
In this role, you’ll:
- Develop large-scale, multi-region infrastructure design patterns, best practices, and implementation strategies
- Develop, lead, and maintain a multi-year infrastructure strategy and infrastructure products roadmap, including architecture blueprints for Segment Customer Data Platform and Multi-Channel Marketing product suites
- Develop infrastructure guardrails through which infrastructure design can be executed aligned with organizational strategy, risk, operational, and security requirements
- Support infrastructure engineering teams in reviewing technical designs, analyzing cross-team impacts, championing reusability, security, efficiency, and reliability
- Assist infrastructure engineering teams in implementing large transformational projects by providing hands-on support when needed
- Create organizational awareness of the latest trends in cloud computing technologies. Champion innovation of the latest technologies throughout the company
- Communicate complex information clearly and concisely to various technical and non-technical audiences
- Lead conversations to encourage collaboration across teams
- Teach, mentor, grow, and advise engineers and architects. Uplevel others in the organization, leading by example. Continue to set a high bar for technical standards
- Be a champion of recognizing and promoting exemplary behavior and technical excellence
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Hands-on experience in designing and building multi-AZ, multi-region cloud footprint
- Experience in designing, implementing, and optimizing routing architectures (including static and dynamic)
- Expertise in different connectivity patterns and use cases (for example, VPC peering, Transit Gateway, AWS PrivateLink)
- Expertise in Identity and Access Management (IAM), Single Sign-On and other security, identity, and compliance solutions
- Expertise in Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC) and CI/CD solutions
- Expertise in cloud cost and usage models, pricing models, storage tiering and data transfer costs
- Strong experience in creating observability strategy for cloud services
- Deep understanding of various cloud products, service offerings, and managed services
- Participated as a speaker in conferences and technical forums
- Published cloud architecture or distributed engineering papers, articles, or blogs
This role will be based in our San Francisco office or anywhere in North America (Remote)
Approximately 5% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado, California, New York, and Washington. The information below is provided for candidates hired in those locations only.
The estimated pay ranges for this role are as follows:
- Based in Colorado: $213,120.00-$266,400.00
- Based in New York, Washington State or California (outside the San Francisco Bay Area):$225,680.00-$282,100.00
- Based in the San Francisco Bay area, California: $250,720.00-$313,400.00
- This role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan and the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided