Extreme Networks Named to Computerworld’s 2023 List of Best Places to Work in IT!
Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before and with double digit growth year over year, no provider is better positioned to deliver better outcomes on scale, than Extreme.
We believe in “walking the walk” of our strong core values which enable us to successfully advance together. Diversity and Inclusion is a vital part of our values and beliefs, and we’re proud to foster an environment where every Extreme employee can thrive.
Come become part of something big with us! We are a global leader, with hubs in North America, South America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and the Middle East.
Job Teaser Summary:
Extreme’s Cloud Operations team is a group of talented engineers passionate about building highly reliable, scalable and secure solutions in public/private cloud environments. We are looking to hire a highly motivated Cloud Operations engineer with strong working experience in production operation and deployment automation. You will work with the team to design, develop and implement deployment automation solutions end-to-end. You will also be expected to participate in continuous cloud service operation, troubleshoot and resolve complex issues in production. We will work together to design, develop and implement the best public / private / local cloud solutions for our customers. Extreme Networks is the right place to be and now is the right time to join us and be part of our spectacular growth and success. We're looking for the best and the brightest 'A' players who want to make a difference doing a job they love.
1. Design and implement deployment automation platform for Kubernetes based microservices.
2. Implement unified application orchestration framework for public cloud and edge cloud.
3. Integrate deployment automation scripts and tools for on-premises air-gap systems, include service deployment, upgrade, monitoring, backup, failover, and log collection.
4. Troubleshoot and follow up on production infrastructure / application related issues.
5. Driving root cause analysis and resolution.
6. Communicate with Dev/QA as well as external carriers to resolve and prevent issues.
7. Participate in release deployment, system maintenance and cloud expansion.
8. Improve service availability and scalability through tuning, automation, tools, and process.
9. Analyze service performance, identify bottleneck, and provide actionable improvement plans.
10. Improve service monitoring coverage, accuracy, and efficiency.
11. Participate in cloud security and compliance implementation.
1. BS level technical degree required; Computer Science or Engineering background preferred.
2. 5+ years of experience in a CloudOps / DevOps role.
3. Hands on experience with AWS or any public cloud (Azure, GCP etc).
4. Knowledge of Linux, security and networking fundamentals.
5. Working knowledge of container-based architecture and deployment (Docker, Kubernetes.)
6. Working knowledge of deployment automation development (Argo Workflows, Terraform, Helm).
7. Experience in diagnosing and resolving complex application problems.
8. Working knowledge of Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, Redis, Ignite, Kafka and RabbitMQ.
9. Experience with monitoring tools (Nagios, Kibana, Prometheus)
10. Experience with cloud security and compliance implementation is a plus.
11. Strong follow-through and initiative to stay with issues until they are resolved.
12. Comfortable working within a distributed team located in multiple time zones.
Extreme Networks, Inc. (EXTR
) creates effortless networking experiences that enable all of us to advance. We push the boundaries of technology leveraging the powers of machine learning, artificial intelligence, analytics, and automation. Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before. For more information, visit Extreme's website
or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. Come Advance with us! In keeping with our values, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” Extreme Networks also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our organization. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Extreme Networks.