We’re looking for an experienced Senior Devops Engineer to fill the mission-critical role of
ensuring that our complex, web-scale systems are healthy, monitored, automated, and
designed to scale. You will use your background as an operations generalist to work closely
with our development teams from the early stages of design all the way through identifying and
resolving production issues. The ideal candidate will be passionate about an operations role that
involves deep knowledge of both the application and the product, and will also believe that
automation is a key component to operating large-scale systems.
● Familiarise with Poshmark tech stack and functional requirements.
● Get comfortable with automation tools/frameworks used within cloudops organization
and deployment processes associated with.
● Gain in depth knowledge related to related product functionality and infrastructure
required for it.
● Start Contributing by working on small to medium scale projects.
● Understand and follow on call rotation as a secondary to get familiarized with the on call
12+ Month Accomplishments
● Execute projects related to comms functionality, independently, with little guidance from
● Create meaningful alerts and dashboards for various sub-system involved in targeted
● Identify gaps in infrastructure and suggest improvements or work on it.
● Get involved in on-call rotation.
● Serve as a primary point responsible for the overall health, performance, and capacity of
one or more of our Internet-facing services.
● Gain deep knowledge of our complex applications.
● Assist in the roll-out and deployment of new product features and installations to
facilitate our rapid iteration and constant growth.
● Develop tools to improve our ability to rapidly deploy and effectively monitor custom
applications in a large-scale UNIX environment.
● Work closely with development teams to ensure that platforms are designed with
"operability" in mind.
● Function well in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment.
● Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation.
● 3+ years of experience in Systems Engineering/Site Reliability Operations role is
required, ideally in a startup or fast-growing company.
● 3+ years in a UNIX-based large-scale web operations role.
● 3+ years of experience in doing 24/7 support for large scale production environments.
● Battle-proven, real-life experience in running a large scale production operation.
● Experience working on cloud-based infrastructure e.g AWS, GCP, Azure.
● Hands-on experience with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins, configuration
management with Ansible, systems monitoring and alerting with tools such as Nagios,
New Relic, Graphite.
● Experience scripting/coding
● Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools.
Technologies we use:
● MongoDB, RabbitMQ, Redis, ElasticSearch.
● Amazon Web Services (EC2, RDS, CloudFront, S3, etc.)
● Terraform, Packer, Jenkins, Datadog, Kubernetes, Docker, Ansible and other DevOps
Please note that Poshmark will not be able to sponsor work-related visa for this position.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided