Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the world’s first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, RTR has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”
About the Team:
Recognising Ireland’s significant technology talent, RTR established our European Technology Hub in Galway in April 2019. Based in the historic Claddagh area of the city, our growing team is tackling core technology challenges and influencing the next generation of services critical to RTR’s success and continued growth.
Our first international office outside the US enables our company to significantly expand its Software Engineering, Product Development, Machine Learning Engineering and Data Science footprint, and RTR’s Galway-based employees have the opportunity to grow their careers across several roles in Technology.
Our engineering team is smart, pragmatic, and entrepreneurial. We practice continuous integration & test-driven development, engage in constant peer code reviews & pair programming, and work hard to give back to the software community through open-source contributions.
Our SRE Team focuses on ensuring our infrastructure in the cloud supports the best customer experience and responsible for ensuring design and architecture of the entire platform is shifting us towards continuous delivery through thoughtful PRS, robust deployment pipelines and maximizing reliability of tools for engineers to deliver the best developer experience.
We are always interested in speaking with developing and experienced DevOps engineers interested in joining our team. If that’s you, read on for a snapshot of the type of work our DevOps engineers do across our various teams, share your details and a member of our Talent team will be in touch!
About the Job:
We are looking for a thoughtful and passionate leader to help us build a cloud native transformation from our on prem to architecting cloud native way. As a DevOps Engineer you will be building the next gen build process that significantly improves the developer experience by focusing on eliminating pipeline failures, deployment bottlenecks to improve velocity that impact the entire platform.
What You’ll Do:
- Build Solid CI process with your understanding of Git
- Build faster releases with Hand on experience with modern CI/CD pipelines such as Github, Jenkins
- Help define Reliability in all forms of maintaining uptime
- Design Container Workflow to be supporting hybrid infrastructure
- Produce stellar technical specs and documentation.
- You will participate in an on-call rotation, and will identify opportunities for reducing toil and avoiding technical debt to reduce support and operations load on the team.
- Improve overall cognitive load for engineers
- You are passionate about building reliable and high performance infrastructure
- You advocate for best practices and quality and endorse cutting edge technologies
- You can understand how containers work and can explain without too much jargon
- You are avid learner
- You understand the whys of Site reliability and understand the framework
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including annual leave, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - unplug, recharge, and have some fun.
- Competitive Stakeholder Pension - taking care of your future.
- Comprehensive health, dental care and dependents care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - our corporate employees have the option to work remotely 3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee on any legally-recognised basis, including, but not limited to: gender, marital status, family status, age disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, and membership of the Traveller community.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided