Standard is building a highly scalable and versatile platform-as-a-service architecture. We deploy a variety of algorithms to the cloud in a live-inference setting with high-throughput demands and must do so in a scalable, efficient way for all of our stores. This role is a unique opportunity to work at the cutting edge of building systems and tools that empower machine learning at scale. We're looking for someone passionate about infrastructure development and production engineering to help perfect and scale our system to hundreds of stores. You will design and build high-quality production systems that drive key improvements to our platform-as-a-service architecture. You’ll be working with a group of brilliant and highly skilled engineers. If this sounds like fun, we'd love to hear from you!
This is a full time role and can be based remotely anywhere within the (US time zones/world/west coast/etc.) on an ongoing basis. Standard is a remote first company. We want our employees to have the flexibility to create work habits, locations, and schedules that best fit their lives.
What you'll do here:
Use your product mindset to design, develop, and maintain infrastructure, in particular:
- Design, develop, and maintain secure infrastructure for real-time and on-demand computer vision inference pipelines, backend services, and frontend apps in the cloud.
- Design, develop, and maintain infrastructure to provide developers with a safe and friction-less development, build and testing environments in the cloud.
- Plan for and optimize our infrastructure for security, scale, usability, and cost.
- Automate infrastructure using configuration-as-code to enable efficient scaling.
- Work closely with other engineering teams to understand needs and help us deliver solutions to our customers.
- Mentor junior engineers and help establish best practices across the organization.
Who you are:
- You have experience building cloud infrastructure as a product that serves its users.
- You have experience with GCP (preferred), AWS, or Azure cloud infrastructure.
- Container platforms: Docker, Kubernetes.
- CI/CD platforms: Jenkins, GCP Cloud Build, Github Actions.
- Orchestration tools: Terraform and Terragrunt.
- Artifact platforms: Nexus, Artifactory.
- Languages: Bash, Python, Go, Rust.
- Message Queues: Pub/Sub, SQS, SNS.
- Configuration management tools: Ansible, Salt.
- Experience with Kubernetes or related automation / orchestration tools.
- Experience with domain driven design and architecting systems that are easy to change.
Optionally, you are also:
- Excellent in solving software design problems and debugging.
- Experienced in building highly available cloud applications.
Why you might want to work with us:
- We offer very competitive compensation. The target starting compensation range for this role is base salary $185k - $225k + stock options + benefits. The total compensation package will depend on multiple factors such as location, level, related experience and interview performance.
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental and vision premiums, as well as generous contributions towards dependent premiums.
- An inclusive culture. Employee Resource Groups, DEI focused training and resources, and opportunities for community service and engagement.
- Fertility and family planning assistance provided through Maven Clinic, as well as flexible scheduling to accommodate for childcare needs and generous parental leave policies.
- Flexible Time Off to be used for vacations, sick time and/or mental health days, 12 US Company Holidays plus 2 additional Floating Holidays.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided