Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
- Job Title: DevOps Engineer
- Job Summary: This role will focus on creating, improving, and maintaining our cloud-based platforms and services that enable our development and test teams to iteratively deliver critical features and functionality. The role will be responsible for design/delivery of service infrastructure, investigating operational issues and will support our development/engineering teams by continually improving enterprise and developer tooling.
- FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
- People Manager: No
What you’ll do
- Create infrastructure to support AWS-based Cloud services.
- Partner with development teams to help engineer scalable, reliable, and resilient online services.
- Develop internal platforms and services to enable expediency and self-service for our development teams.
- Manages release branches as well as maintain the build process to support continuous integration.
- Investigates, debugs and drives improvements to engineering/build automation process.
- Support and improve efficiency and effectiveness of tools (CI/CD, automated testing, automation and release).
- Manage all infrastructure and configuration as well as ensuring systems and services are leveraging best practices and standards.
- Continually provide value to our partner development teams by staying current with cloud-based technologies and trends.
What you’ll bring
- Zero (0) to two (2) years of related professional experience
- An understanding of building and maintaining AWS (Amazon Web Services) infrastructure (EC2, ELB, ECS, VPC, IAM, RDS, Lambda, Kinesis, CloudWatch, etc.).
- Experience deploying and managing infrastructure with CloudFormation and/or Terraform.
- Experience with scripting languages (e.g. Python, Bash).
- Familiarity with pipeline tools such as Perforce, Bitbucket, Chef, Jenkins, and Artifactory.
- Familiarity with software configuration management systems and source code version control systems.
- Diligent mentality, robust sense of responsibility/accountability and strong verbal/written communication, documentation, and collaboration skills.
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with a team in a fast-paced environment to develop and enhance amazing platforms and services.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- Base salary range: $79,000.00 - $119,000.00. This range is applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be hired. It is common for TPCi to start employees below the midpoint of the range. Final base salary is directly related to each candidates' qualifications and experience uniquely.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- UK/IRE Employees: Pension Employer Contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided