The Senior DevOps Engineer is a critical role in partnering our Platform team with our Software Engineering group to design and deliver cloud-focused solutions.
What You'll Do
- Deliver incredible products. We’re a product-first company, and we aren’t satisfied until we’ve built a product so clearly superior that customers have no reason to consider anything else.
- Shared responsibility. We collaborate with Product Managers and Engineers, as equals, to provide optimal production services to our customers.
- Cloud (AWS) guru. You have knowledge of how to architect and deploy secure and robust applications on AWS technologies and have experience in a high-traffic web environment. AWS Certified Solutions Architect a plus.
- Be prepared. Proactively identify and prevent incidents through monitoring, automation, self-healing and resiliency initiatives, destructive testing, and game day exercises.
- Be a culture champion. As a DevOps evangelist, you’ll guide our application teams towards solid technical decisions, share knowledge and expertise, help colleagues improve their designs, and ensure the applications perform well in production.
- Communicate well. You’ll explain your work clearly to team members, and seek feedback to build a codebase we all enjoy contributing to. You’ll keep engineering leadership apprised of important developments on your team, and areas needing attention when appropriate.
- Be a good teammate. You’ll be helpful, open-minded, respectful, and collaborative. You’ll support your teammates and challenge them to do their best work.
- Learn. Regardless of your level of experience or seniority, you’ll work to improve your skills and learn more about our customers and their needs.
If you do not meet all the requirements listed, we still encourage you to apply! No job description is perfect, and we may also have another opportunity that closely matches your skills and experience.
What You'll Need
- Designing effective monitoring/alerting and log aggregation solutions using tools including AWS CloudWatch and APM (DataDog, New Relic, AppDynamics, etc.)
- Provisioning and configuration of AWS services using AWS CLI / API and Terraform
- Familiarity with microservices architecture, container orchestration with Kubernetes, and surround tools such as Docker.
- Understanding of SQL (Postgres, Aurora) in both an RDS and self-hosted environment
- Developing and maintaining the software in security and regulatory compliance environments (PCI-DSS, HIPAA, SOC 2, etc.)
- Refactoring systems to perform well at scale while still being readable and easy to maintain
- Expertise in source control methodologies such as pull requests, git, branch policies, and troubleshooting following industry best practices.
- Experience participating in on-call support and ensure 24/7 availability of services
- Mentoring and coaching other engineers
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organization
- Able to manage multiple, competing tasks and be self-directed in a quickly evolving environment
- 100% medical coverage for employees
- Competitive HSA with company matching
- Generous dental and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible vacation policy
- 401K options with company dollar-for-dollar match
- Employee stock options available from day one
- $2,000 annual educational allowance
- Catered lunch every Tuesday * an in-office perk
- MARTA transportation and office parking expenses covered
- Employee charitable donation company match, up to $500 annually
- Remote work from home options with $500 office stipend to set up your home office
- Designated bike storage
CallRail is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where CallRail is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.
Learn more: https://www.callrail.com/about/
You Are Welcome Here
CallRail understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company's core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities and expressions. In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided