About the Role:
Steel Perlot is seeking a Cloud Architect to support our fast-paced growth and exciting expansion. The right candidate will have at least 5 years of work experience; be motivated by work across a variety of tech and science-adjacent industries as they start their journey on public Cloud infrastructure; and be a self-starter passionate about growing teams and creating structures to amplify success.
The architect will focus on engaging directly with our other portfolio companies' engineering teams to onboard them onto a unified Cloud platform, reviewing and recommending design and architectural decisions, and guiding our engineering team to ensure systems can scale and react to changing conditions, with continuous improvement loops. You will be an integral part of leading Steel Perlot’s engineering teams towards modern DevOps practices, both by developing and providing modern automation and operational tooling and working cross-functionally to influence and shape our engineering practices and culture.
About Steel Perlot:
Steel Perlot is a deep tech management company (incubator/VC) conceptualized to invest in inventive talent and create cutting-edge technologies that will shape our world over the next 20 years. We are a team of originators, innovators, designers, and creatives committed to overcoming obstacles and pushing ideas from zero to one.
SP is focused on four primary verticals: Disruptive Finance, AI/ML, Synthetic Bio, and Physical Sciences (including quantum, chips and energy).
- Review and recommend design and architectural decisions, and guide Portfolio Companies on how to leverage Cloud Services provided by the public Cloud Providers such as AWS/GCP etc
- Design and maintain a well Architected AWS Landing Zone that supports evolving business needs and provides scalable governance with Guardrails, Security controls, Landing Zone customizations.
- Create Infrastructure-as-code (IaC) definitions of scalable, secure cloud resources such as Compute, Kubernetes clusters, Databases and Caches, VPCs and Subnets, Load-balancers, Message buses, Dashboards fit for use in 24x7 mission critical services
- Defining SLIs, SLOs with Engineering teams
- Educating and guiding Engineering teams on reliability and resiliency best practices, like statelessness, chaos, etc.
- Troubleshoot all cloud infrastructure, including cloud services health, remediating as needed
- Implement automation for cost visibility and management
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience designing, implementing and troubleshooting AWS infrastructure such as Compute, Containers, Storage and DBs, Networking and DNS, API, IAM, Queues, Serverless, KMS & HSM, Logging and Metrics.
- Experience managing Infrastructure using Terraform and CloudFormation through CI/CD pipelines spanning multiple environments. Designing and implementing infrastructure automation solutions for speed and scale.
- Foundational knowledge of Linux, Networking, Protocols, Scripting, PKI.
- Technical Leadership and strong communication skills. Ability to present complex topics to diverse audiences, and drive discussions. You can give and receive feedback, and you do not shy away from planning meetings and code reviews
- Ability to work across different projects per Portfolio Company.
- Received a bachelor's degree in CS, EE, or a related technical field, and proven excellence in previous roles.
- 5+ years experience in AWS Infrastructure design, deployment and troubleshooting, using infrastructure as code and DevOps/CICD practices
- Experience as a Technical Leader within a team, helping evaluating and making tech decisions for the team.
- Experience in analyzing system and application performance, identifying bottlenecks, and recommending architectural or systemic improvements
- Experience working with Engineering teams, teaching, training, and mentoring on how to implement best-practice technical solutions
- Experience with best practices on Information Security.
Steel Perlot supports a remote-first hybrid working environment where people can work between the Steel Perlot locations and remote locations. Steel Perlot has locations in New York, Los Angeles, Bay Area, and Miami.
Base Salary Range
- $150,000 - $210,000
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided