Here at Appian, we’re passionate about technology. We love making it, and we love using it. Joining Appian Engineering will provide you with the opportunity to learn in an environment that values cross-functional collaboration and is committed to personal and professional growth. We want to revolutionize the way people work, and in doing so, we develop the Appian platform to be simple so our customers can thrive.
As a skilled software engineer in our Cloud Native group, you will be helping re-architect the platform on public, private & hybrid clouds to allow for frequent, predictable and high impact changes. You will ensure that our world-class infrastructure is always available, responsive, and capable of meeting the diverse needs of a dynamic and high-powered development team. You will work as part of an agile and global team to transform our architecture to a modern services architecture that makes it easy for feature teams to leverage microservices and containerization technologies.
To be successful in this role, you need:
- Expertise in working with AWS or other cloud infrastructures like Azure or Google Cloud, and using Infrastructure-as-Code tools
- Familiarity with DevOps, Release Engineering and trends including CI/CD
- Familiarity with infrastructure as code (e.g. Terraform)
- Familiarity with networking and information security in the cloud (e.g. VPN, compliance, etc.)
- Familiarity with conducting code reviews and identify when best practices are not being followed
- To become a master of our product infrastructure, while utilizing cloud technologies to build immutable, secure, repeatable, and durable platforms for service owners to quickly build and iterate on
- Focus on keeping automated infrastructure up-to-date as dependent technologies evolve and scale
- Interest in automating every aspect of our development lifecycle and help us in our mission to achieve continuous delivery
Some of the tools and resources we will equip you with include:
- Leveraging cutting edge technologies like Kubernetes, Docker, Gitlab, Prometheus, etc. to design and build new infrastructure features
- Valuing innovation and investment in our people by providing opportunities for growth and leadership. Whether it’s through Engineering IndieTime (dedicated time to build whatever you want with whomever you want), or annual hackathons, we value activities that inspire others and get creative juices flowing
- A large engineering team where you are made to feel autonomous by our engineering business group model. Working within an agile team allows our engineers and leaders to have a sense of community and accomplishment
- 4-10+ years experience designing, building and architecting software in an enterprise software or Saas/Paas environment
- Fluency in at least one programming language, such as Python, Golang, or Java
- Bachelors in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation and value. Today, we help businesses build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform.
Appian was founded on the belief that talented and passionate people, given the power and autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile and collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, and all voices are heard. We value and encourage cross-departmental collaboration, and actively seek opportunities to better ourselves and others. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, we’re focused on lasting positive change.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided