Imagine yourself here!
OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, and Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
OpenGov is the leader in modern cloud software for local governments and state agencies. We have surpassed 1,600+ governments (and growing fast!) using our products in our mission to power more effective and accountable government.
OpenGov is a 2022 Top Workplaces USA award winner and a Forbes 2022 America's Best Startup Employer!
Lead all architectural initiatives for our Citizen Services cloud-native application suite. In this highly visible role, you will ensure that our Citizen Services suite is architected as a highly available, reliable, resilient, scalable, and secured platform.
• Collaborate and communicate with development teams to design, develop, and champion best practices, patterns, and standards for our cloud-native suite.
• Continuously evolve the cloud platform's security, reliability, scalability, and resiliency to position it as the best-in-class platform that delights our customers.
• Produce clear, detailed, and actionable design documents, architecture blueprints, and architectural decision records with context, decision, and tradeoffs.
• Build key proofs-of-concept - our architects are hands-on and build actual prototypes & frameworks to help the teams get started on the right foot. They are force multipliers.
• Collaborate with the engineers, engineering managers, tech leads, product managers, and other stakeholders to determine requirements, architecture, and design capabilities.
• Actively participate in the Architecture Center of Excellence (COE) to drive best practices across the organization.
Mentor and develop engineers and junior architects to assist and champion clean architecture and clean code disciplines
• Contribute to OpenGov R&D’s culture of customer-driven innovation.
Requirements and Preferred Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or a related discipline required
• 12+ years of experience in software architecture, design, and development, preferably with cloud-native technology stack and multi-tenant enterprise SaaS architectures
• Experience designing cloud-native products
• Experience migrating legacy products to the cloud
• Solid understanding of cloud-native architecture, infrastructure-as-code, containers, serverless, microservices, APIs, CICD, and event-driven architectures and 12-factor application development.
• Solid understanding of GitHub, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes (EKS), Kafka, KeyCloak, Auth0, AWS Lambda, Azure, AWS, GitHub Actions, and ArgoCD
• Strong experience with the monitoring and alerting of infrastructure and applications using New Relic, Grafana, Azure Application Insights
• Proven hands-on development experience with NodeJS (TypeScript) and/or other programming languages, design patterns, and front-end frameworks like React with GraphQL.
• Hands-on knowledge of DevOps, SRE, TDD, and CI/CD, Release Management, and Configuration Management practices in a public cloud environment, preferably AWS.
• Highly analytical mindset, with an ability to see both the big picture and the details.
• Ability to think long-term, envision target states, and work towards achieving the target state iteratively
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
What makes OpenGov unique
» Funding: Over $250 million, Series D company, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective.
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO), Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world), Katherine August-deWilde (Vice Chair of First Republic Bank), and Amy Pressman (co-founder, former president, and a current board member of Medallia).
Record breaking growth with 1,600+ governments (and counting) using our products and seven acquisitions in the past six years! Click here
to read more.
» Product: Named to the GovTech 100 (six consecutive years), we are the leader in cloud software for our nation's cities, counties, and state agencies.
» Mission Driven: We are a technology company with a passion for the mission. We're powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!
OpenGov is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.