Solsten is advancing the human experience by empowering companies to build deeply resonating and healthier human-centered digital experiences and products.
At the intersection of play, psychology, and AI, our suite of products (Traits, Navigator, Frequency, and Wavelength) give companies in the Gaming and Healthcare industries the ability to understand and meet their audiences’ experiential expectations at every step of their journey—ushering in a new era of technology that is better for people, and brilliant for businesses.
As a Senior DevOps / Security Engineer, you will work within a world-class team of engineers as well as data scientists to build the Solsten’s platform and products. You will orchestrate and drive product development across all functions and teams. By working closely with the founding team of Solsten, your job is to ensure that the product vision is translated into highly actionable tasks as well as priorities, and that it is executed effectively and efficiently. You will be the main interface between our development team and information security and help to maintain a good security standard.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Day-to-day operations of cloud infrastructure including system availability, monitoring, performance, capacity, and continuity by response to incidents, events, and other issues
- Advancing our platform security scanning pipelines
- Run and manage security certification processes for Solsten
- Identify and mitigate application security risks and provide security operations and configuration assurance to the team
- You are the main interface between our development team and information security and help to maintain a good security standard
- You are the contact person for our development team in case of security related issues
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A university degree in the field of Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology or a related subject
- 5+ years in a direct site reliability, DevOps, or systems engineering role
- Code (or script) in at least one modern application development or utility language
- Experience with containerization (Docker, etc.) and container orchestration (Kubernetes, etc.) in deployment and operations and its security
- Understand DNS, SSL/ TLS, and how traffic on IP networks establishes end-to-end security and trust
- You have very good knowledge in the area of information security and are well versed in encryption and attack vectors
- Experience with security certifications (ISO 27001)
WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT
- Familiarity with GCP and its services such as GKE, BigQuery, Cloud Storage
- Knowledge of network security and identity access management
- Familiarity with and interest in psychometric data and video games
- Experience with ISO certifications
YOUR SOLSTEN EXPERIENCE
At the heart of Solsten is our people. We pride ourselves with the incredible team that makes up the company and are deeply humbled by each one of our employees. We have grown beyond measure and have amassed an incredible team of talented, passionate, and amazing individuals. It is our biggest priority to give all members of Solsten the space and motivation to WANT to journey on this career path with us and continue to be a part of our success. Here are some of the things our current employees appreciate:
- Competitive, location-based salary
- Flexible paid time off (unlimited with a minimum requirement of 25 days off)
- Annual Wellness & Experience bonus
- Home office setup: laptop and necessary peripherals
- A people-first culture with a major emphasis on experience
- A company that is invested in you, your ideas, and your growth
- An opportunity to join a quickly scaling startup
WHERE YOU WILL WORK
Our team is spread out across the world, with hubs in Berlin, Helsinki, New York, and Minneapolis. We believe that having our team close to one another fosters better communication and productivity. This role requires you to be based in Berlin, Germany, where you will have an exciting and flexible hybrid working environment. This means that you will have the opportunity to work both remotely and with colleagues in the office, allowing you to create an ideal working schedule and balance.
Solsten is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, genetics, disability, or age.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided