CARS Marketplace Engineering is looking for top talent to join our team for an exciting new phase of our business and technical evolution. In 2021, we launched our new platform that transformed Cars.com, a 20-year-old public company, and will ultimately enable our continued innovation and fuel our mission.
For this role, we are looking for an Engineer who is passionate about Cloud Engineering development, infrastructure, operations, and optimizations. The ideal candidate has a strong background in DevOps & containerization, including a significant amount of experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS), multiple years of supporting & scaling production systems, and experience or understanding of what it means to implement infrastructure-as-code, ideally using Terraform.
This role is positioned within our Cloud Engineering team and works closely with our various Product Engineering teams to collaborate on new projects, operate and maintain the existing platform, and look ahead to what is in the future with AWS.
- Build and support cloud infrastructure for new and existing applications within AWS
- Support product delivery through collaboration with software engineering teams to implement solutions for systems and applications
- On-call support of AWS cloud infrastructure
- Participate in our Engineering team culture through Pull Request reviews, project and team retrospectives
- Design, document, and maintain our cloud infrastructure via Infrastructure-as-Code
- Improve operational tasks via automation
- Develop and execute on Cloud Engineering roadmap initiatives
Skills & Experience:
- Solid DevOps experience with understanding of CI/CD and deployment toolchains (we use CircleCI)
- Familiar with a broad portfolio of AWS infrastructure tools (EBS, S3, EC2, Elastic IP, Route 53, VPC) and experience with cloud infrastructure management. (3+ years)
- Demonstrated knowledge of container orchestration solutions (Docker/Kubernetes)
- Infrastructure-as-code in a cloud environment (we use Terraform)
- Experience supporting complex 24/7 production environments
- Built or supported the shipping of multiple products, applications, or systems to production
- Ability to set up and create useful infrastructure monitoring & alerts (we use DataDog and CloudWatch)
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- A team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills
Nice to Haves:
- Previous development experience with a Functional Programming language.
- Cloud platform experience with AWS technologies that include RDS/Postgresql and OpenSearch/Elasticsearch
#LI- JL #LI-REMOTE
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided