As an industry leader and Software-as-a-Service provider our mission at 8x8, Inc. (Nasdaq:EGHT) is to transform the future of business communications. The 8x8 Open Communications Platform (TM) uniquely brings together Voice, Video, Collaboration, Contact Center, and enterprise-class API solutions, helping businesses across the globe transform their customer and employee experience, and empowering workforces worldwide to work smarter.
Staff DevOps Platform Full Stack Engineer
• The DevOps Platform Engineering team is responsible for creating and maintaining the Gitops-based DevOps Platform which provides self-service capabilities for 8x8 development teams to provision all pieces of infrastructure needed to run the services which are developed at 8x8.
• Platform’s Full Stack engineer will be responsible for the implementation and evolution of different components of our 8x8 DevOps Platform on all levels of the DevOps stack.
• The responsibilities include the development of
a) terraform modules to provision Public/Private Cloud Infrastructure and other resources;
b) Continuous Delivery workflows targeting Public Clouds (AWS, OCI), physical Data Centers and Kubernetes;
c) Python-based automation of different systems using SDKs;
d) Configuration Management automation with Ansible;
e) “Add-on” Apps to provide a better user experience for the self-service workflows;
f) Automation of build of Infrastructure Artifacts ( AMI, OCI images, Docker images, python packages ).
• The position is highly technical and requires familiarity with different public clouds; Kubernetes; terraform and other Hashicorp tools; configuration management and software development best practices.
• The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who can act independently, develop high-quality solutions and deliver on time in collaboration with other team members.
• Design and develop solutions based on the requirements of the project and SME inputs for a particular area (e.g. public cloud or hardware equipment with APIs)
• Develop Terraform modules in a standard way to be used in the DevOps Platform workflows
• Develop automation to augment main tools and to integrate different components of the Platform ( Terraform; Ansible; System’s APIs; Atlantis; ArgoCD; Jenkins and Github )
• Develop Gitops workflows for building the Platform’s Artifacts/packages ( VM images, Docker images, helm charts, python packages, … )
• Integrate Open Source Software into 8x8 DevOps Platform
• Maintain strong expertise and knowledge of current and emerging technologies and products
• Work closely with other teams and SMEs to understand the functionality of applications and assist with various automation and configuration tasks.
• Develop automation to support continuous delivery using containers and Kubernetes.
• B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ability to understand a broad strategic vision and to be a team player
• Ability to multitask, take on new technologies and deliver on time
• Have a broad understanding of development, web operations, SDLC, etc.
• Strong technical foundation in most of the following technologies:
➼ Proven experience in Python. Knowledge of other languages (e.g. Go ) is a plus.
➼ Hashicorp Terraform - development
➼ Other Hashicorp Tools ( Vault, Consul ) - usage
➼Kubernetes - cluster creation/administration and strong expertise in deployment ( building helm charts and using deployment tools like ArgoCD)
➼ Building Docker images and working with Container Registries
➼ Cloud computing: AWS, OCI, GCP
➼Python SDKs for Public clouds ( boto3, … )
➼ Configuration management: Ansible
➼Working with Git
➼Jenkins pipelines development
➼Monitoring tools: Prometheus, Alertmanger, Grafana
Nice to Have
• Hashicorp Packer development
• Virtualization: VirtualBox, VMware
• Knowledge of GitHub automation
• Groovy scripting
8x8 is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
We also provide reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. Learn more
or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org (Include “Reasonable Accommodation” in the subject line)
For European Job Applicants our Job Applicant Privacy Notice can be found here.