As a Cloud Engineer, you will provide guidance on the delivery and operation of our cloud services to enhance availability, performance, reliability, and security of our solutions. As part of Platform Team, you will contribute to deployment automation and delivery while adhering to regulatory guidelines and compliance. You will be expected to collaborate with and support teams across the business, to evolve and help implement standards defined within the Well-Architected Framework, and to build toolchains and workflows that help reduce friction in software delivery. It is expected you will exhibit creative and innovative problem-solving skills with a willingness to support the development teams for complex issues as they arise. You will understand and help set an example of best practices and standards for developing and implementing solutions that operate at scale.
- Build cloud foundational components encompassing network, security, identity, operations, and governance in the Azure cloud.
- Monitor, scale, and maintain production resources, ensuring that availability, performance, reliability, and security are of the highest concern.
- Participate in troubleshooting issues, facilitate recovery, and contribute to incident response retrospectives.
- Contribute to capability, functionality, and sustainability planning of service components for current and forecasted needs in a cost-efficient manner.
- Maintain awareness of emerging technologies to address challenges or enable new ways of working.
- Provide technical expertise for software solution delivery and recommend and implement improvements to processes and tools.
- Design and document cloud best practices, guidelines, and guardrails for cloud technologies.
- Operationalize solutions from proof-of-concept through production, using automation for repeatability, maintainability, and to enforce standards.
Skills and Experience Needed:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related technical field, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience working in a similar role.
- Deep understanding of tools in the Azure platform.
- Expertise with deploying, managing, logging, and monitoring of applications/services using Microsoft Azure.
- Experience with one or more: PowerShell/Bash/Python.
- Experience with building IaC and automation tools such as Terraform, Bicep, and ARM.
- Experience with Microsoft/Azure SQL Server.
- Experience working within version control systems.
- Operational experience with production SaaS solutions.
- Strong knowledge of containers, container orchestration, and the Kubernetes ecosystem.
- Ability to analyze performance metrics and provide feedback of possible areas for improvement within developed services.
Adaptability Building Partnerships
Collaboration Initiating Action
Customer Focus Results Driven
Dealing w/Ambiguity Technical/Professionals Skills/Knowledge
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided