The Cloud Travel group builds web travel portals for B2B partners, expanding into a B2C offering soon. After a few very successful existence proofs that in one year went to account for over 40% of Hopper’s total revenue, we are scaling up our efforts to deliver first class travel experience to more partners and their customers.
As a Senior Backend Engineer on the Cloud Travel teams, you will work as part of a cross-functional team of exceptional engineers, designers and product managers to help bring new features to market in web portals, iterate on feature construction, and iteratively improve the scalability of our suite of travel portals across both B2B and B2C channels.
A successful candidate will demonstrate a high sense of ownership of outcomes and consistently look for creative ways to deliver results quickly, being able to tell between what has to be right from the start and what can be iterated on.
Our Tech Stack
More about Hopper
At Hopper, we are on a mission to become the world’s best — and most fun — place to book travel. By leveraging massive amounts of data, advanced machine learning algorithms, Hopper combines its world-class travel agency offering with proprietary fintech products to help customers spend less and travel better. Ranked the third largest online travel agency in North America, the app has been downloaded nearly 80 million times and continues to gain market share globally.
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper sold around $4 billion in travel and travel fintech in 2022, up nearly 3X over 2021. In 2022, Hopper increased its revenue 2.5X year-over year.
- The company’s bespoke fintech products, such as Flight Disruption Guarantee and Price Freeze, now represent 30-40% of Hopper’s total app revenue.
- Given the success of its fintech products, Hopper launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud in late 2021. Through this partnership program, any travel provider (airlines, hotels, banks, travel agencies, etc.) can integrate and seamlessly distribute Hopper’s fintech or travel inventory. As its first Hopper Cloud partnership,
- Hopper partnered with Capital One to co-develop Capital One Travel, a new travel portal designed specifically for cardholders.
- Recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company four years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 80 million times and continues to have millions of new installs each month.
- Hopper has raised over $700 million USD of private capital and is backed by some of the largest institutional investors and banks in the world. Hopper is primed to continue its acceleration as the world’s fastest-growing mobile-first travel marketplace.
Come take off with us!
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided