MYOB is the #originalstartup. Our roots are in finance and accounting software, but today we’re so much more! We’re building a business management platform to help more businesses in Australia & New Zealand Start, Survive & Succeed. Our team is continually transforming, inventing and disrupting conventions. We don’t want you to simply ‘fit’ into our already established culture, we want you to add to it, and make it even better! This is MYOB.
Our Technology Team is continually shipping high value outcomes for our customers and organisation. Our tech performance and our Engineering practices are consistent, strong, and secure and you can do all of this in an environment which allows people to grow.
What we’re doing is a real tech transformation; we’re taking a legacy success and transforming it into a SaaS platform to support SME and Enterprise businesses in ways they never knew they needed. Join us and help build the business management platform that will disrupt the market.
About the role
Are you ready to get your head in the AWS Cloud? The MYOB Cloud Engineering team are looking for an experienced engineering professional with consulting skills across AWS, DevOps and IaC deployment.
From planning through to delivery, the goal for our team is to improve collaboration with our customers and make a difference by automating continuous pipelines through cloud technology modernisation.
In this role, you will not only bring your cloud native expertise but will be implementing and monitoring solutions across AWS platforms, IaC (Terraform), get involved in the product space, transform the MYOB cloud landscape and work in a team environment where you independently make a difference, together.
The skills you'll need
List the skills and experience needed for this roles;
- Extensive exposure to cloud infrastructure engineering on AWS
- Must have experience with managing Linux systems (Windows systems desirable)
- Strong experience with IaC tools. AWS CloudFormation and or others e.g. Terraform, CDK, etc.
- Understanding of scripting languages, Python, Ruby, PowerShell or similar
- A focus on quality with experience in Test Driven Development/Design
- Familiarity with Golang a plus, or other popular programming languages e.g. Java, C# etc
- Knowledge of Agile / iterative development
- Proven track record to collaborate with development teams, client support and technical staff from 3rd party service providers
Our Culture & Benefits
Our values have stood the test of time. If you want to work and collaborate where opinions are valued, and your ideas can make a difference, come to a place where Your Work Matters.
- Do your best work in a flexible work environment, right down to financial assistance to set up your home office…it’s called Flexperience, and it’s designed by you and your team!
- Our partnership with Smiling Mind helps support the wellbeing of our team members and customers
- Drive your own learning via conferences, in-house training, LinkedIn Learning, study assistance and a strong focus on leaders creating a learning environment
- A multitude of leave options including up to an additional four weeks of purchased leave, generous parental leave, domestic violence leave, transgender leave, volunteer leave, study leave, plus more!
- Communities built around ‘Wellness’, ‘Belonging’ and the ‘Planet’ where you can make a meaningful contribution
- Access to best-in-class discounts and vouchers from leading retailers, and a lot more.
We are proud to be a Circle Back Initiative Employer and we commit to responding to every applicant.
MYOB are an equal opportunity employer and we champion diversity. Don’t meet every single requirement of this role? Still apply! Research tells us
that that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply unless they meet every single requirement. At MYOB we believe that the right hire is someone who makes an addition to our culture, rather than someone who fits in and conforms to our status quo. Moving to ‘Culture Add’ means adding team members who not only value MYOBs standards and workplace culture, but also bring an aspect of diversity that positively contributes to MYOB. So, if you’re excited about this role, or about MYOB, we’d still love to hear from you!