Roles & Responsibilities:
The Director of Cloud FinOps will be responsible for the following duties:
- Partner with Leaders to advise on architecture and resource optimization, waste management, capacity management, KPI development and maintenance, and tagging and alert enhancements on AWS using DevOps practices such as CICD, IaC, Linux, and Windows stacks.
- Work with our cloud clients, leadership, and vendors Monitor cloud consumption in various accounts and projects to mitigate waste and to determine areas of resource efficiency.
- Work with account owners and engineers on an ongoing basis to advise on cloud resource setup in light of operational and financial trade-offs.
- Design complex cloud architecture diagrams for new and existing projects to derive cost impact and advise on the cost mechanics and alternatives of the various cloud services.
- Recommend savings opportunities related to cloud commitment purchases (Reserved Instances, Savings Plans, Spot, Committed Sustained Usage..etc).
- Track utilization of cloud reservation savings plans and work with teams to re-purpose freed-up capacity
- Implement cost optimization strategies related to storage lifecycle configuration, compute rightsizing, reduction of idle or underutilized resources, snapshot cleanups, etc.
- Navigate and manage cloud configuration management database (CMDB)
- Utilize 3rd party cloud optimization tools and data from monitoring tools to advise on optimization opportunities.
This position allows for telecommuting.
This position requires a Bachelor’s or foreign equivalent in CS, EE, CIS, MIS, IT, or directly related field, and five (5) years’ progressive professional experience as a Senior Manager, Storage Engr, Infrastructure Engr/Analyst, Applications Engr, or closely related occupation.
Must have progressive professional experience with:
- Cloud Service Providers: AWS & Azure
- Cloud Cost Optimization/FinOps using tools such as Cloudability or SpotIO
- Capacity and Performance management tools such as Splunk, Power BI, or Powercli
Job Location: InnovAccer, Inc., 101 Mission Street, Suite 1950, San Francisco, CA 94105 (allows telecommuting)
Contact: Kimberly Saied, Director, People eXperience, firstname.lastname@example.org
What we offer:
- Industry-Focused Certifications: Meet leading healthcare experts, discuss innovative strategies, and become a subject matter expert with our comprehensive set of certifications.
- Rewards and Recognition: Feeling like you’re outperforming on your projects? Get recognition for your dedicated efforts and demonstrated work ethic.
- Health Insurance and Mental Well-being: We offer health benefits and insurance to you and your family for hospital-related expenses pertaining to any illness, disease, or injury. We also have Employee Assistance Programs (EAPs) to give you 24X7 access to certified therapists and psychologists.
- Sabbatical Leave Policy: Do you want to focus on skill development, pursue an academic career, or just reset? We’ve got you covered.
- Open Floor Plan: Cubicles are a thing of the past and to modernize our office space, we have open floor sittings at every office location. Share ideas with your peers and bond better in an open floor office where there are no barriers and you are inspired to be creative.
- Paternity and Maternity Leave: Enjoy the industry’s best parental leave policy to welcome your bundle of joy and enjoy quality time with them.
- Paid Time Off: Maintain a healthy work–life balance and take time off from work to focus on your well-being and big life moments.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided