At 8x8 Inc. [Nasdaq:EGHT] we put communications at the heart of our business and build technology that allows people to connect anytime, anywhere they are in the world, and on any device. XCaaS - the 8x8 eXperience Communications Platform - brings together Employee and Customer Experience, enabling hybrid workforces across the globe to connect, collaborate, and delight customers, while providing businesses with real-time communications analytics, intelligence and unique insights.
Senior Full Stack DevOps Engineer
• The DevOps Platform Engineering team is responsible for creating and maintaining the Gitops-based DevOps Platform which provides self-service capabilities for 8x8 development teams to provision all pieces of infrastructure needed to run the services which are developed at 8x8.
• Platform’s Full Stack engineer will be responsible for the implementation and evolution of different components of our 8x8 DevOps Platform on all levels of the DevOps stack.
• The responsibilities include the development of
a) terraform modules to provision Public/Private Cloud Infrastructure and other resources;
b) Continuous Delivery workflows targeting Public Clouds (AWS, OCI), physical Data Centers and Kubernetes;
c) Python-based automation of different systems using SDKs;
d) Configuration Management automation with Ansible;
e) “Add-on” Apps to provide a better user experience for the self-service workflows;
f) Automation of build of Infrastructure Artifacts ( AMI, OCI images, Docker images, python packages ).
• The position is highly technical and requires familiarity with different public clouds; Kubernetes; terraform and other Hashicorp tools; configuration management and software development best practices.
• The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who can act independently, develop high-quality solutions and deliver on time in collaboration with other team members.
• Design and develop solutions based on the requirements of the project and SME inputs for a particular area (e.g. public cloud or hardware equipment with APIs)
• Develop Terraform modules in a standard way to be used in the DevOps Platform workflows
• Develop automation to augment main tools and to integrate different components of the Platform ( Terraform; Ansible; System’s APIs; Atlantis; ArgoCD; Jenkins and Github )
• Develop Gitops workflows for building the Platform’s Artifacts/packages ( VM images, Docker images, helm charts, python packages, … )
• Integrate Open Source Software into 8x8 DevOps Platform
• Maintain strong expertise and knowledge of current and emerging technologies and products
• Work closely with other teams and SMEs to understand the functionality of applications and assist with various automation and configuration tasks.
• Develop automation to support continuous delivery using containers and Kubernetes.
• B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ability to understand a broad strategic vision and to be a team player
• Ability to multitask, take on new technologies and deliver on time
• Have a broad understanding of development, web operations, SDLC, etc.
• Strong technical foundation in most of the following technologies:
➼ Python: Proven proficiency in developing Python scripts and applications. experience working with “boto3” and/or OCI SDK
➼ Terraform - expert-level knowledge in terraform modules development both in team environments and for different terraform providers
➼ Kubernetes - expertise in deployment to Kubernetes clusters ( building helm charts and using kubectl CLI)
➼ Cloud computing: expertise in building automation to provision resources in AWS and/or OCI
➼ Configuration management: experience with writing Ansible roles
➼ Monitoring tools: experience configuring Prometheus, Alertmanger, Grafana
Nice to Have
➼ Other Hashicorp Tools - experience with setting up and managing ( Vault, Consul )
➼ Docker: experience with Building and using Docker images
• Knowledge of other programming languages (e.g. Go ) is a plus.
• Knowledge of Kubernetes deployment tools like ArgoCD
• Experience with automation in GCP
• Jenkins pipelines development
8x8 is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
We also provide reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. Learn more
or email us at email@example.com (Include “Reasonable Accommodation” in the subject line)
For European Job Applicants our Job Applicant Privacy Notice can be found here.