Job Number: 1127
Looking for a career with purpose? One that challenges your mind, grows your skills, and contributes to our Nation’s most critical missions? Do you pride yourself on solving problems that others think are impossible?
Join Riverside Research’s Radar Assessment and Development Group has an immediate opening for a DevSecOps Engineer. We are a passionate team who apply cutting edge advances in optimization and cloud-native and hybrid cloud solutions to solve real-world challenges using agile methodologies in a collaborative environment that will transform our customers’ experience in ways we cannot yet imagine. These mission critical efforts include development of innovative enterprise, cloud, scalable, and application-based solutions for mission management and collection orchestration.
As a not-for-profit company, Riverside Research re-invests annual profits in independent research and development projects, community initiatives, and employee benefits that exceed the industry average. Your career development is enhanced by the opportunity to work with a broad variety of experts in cutting-edge engineering and research disciplines.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. Citizenship.
- Work closely with engineering leads, software developers, program managers, and testers to design, develop and deploy SW.
- Use best industry practices to improve infrastructure reliability, scalability, performance, and repeatability of setup and deployment.
- Create and maintain automated continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) pipelines and repositories.
- Represent the Riverside Research development team at customer meetings
- Performs all other tasks as assigned.
- Must have a SECRET clearance (able to obtain and maintain a clearance up to a TS/SCI)
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline, preferably in software engineering or computer science
- 5+ years of experience
- Experience with:
- CI/CD processes
- DevOps and deploying infrastructure
- One or more Infrastructure as Code (IaC) frameworks
- Source code management and automated build technologies like Git, Github, Nuget, MSBuild, Azure Pipelines, Maven, Jenkins, etc.
- Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, and Elasticsearch
- Security monitoring such as SonarQube, HP Fortify
- Network administration/network security experience (firewalls, encryption, system hardening, certificates, etc.)
- Ability to use a wide variety of open-source technologies and tools
- Experience managing virtual machines (VMWare, Hypervisors, etc.)
- Experience working in a Windows and Linux environment
- Experience with SOAP and RESTful Services
- Experience with Agile methodologies, such as scrum or SAFe
- Demonstrated initiative, sound judgment, and ability to work independently and as a team player
- Problem-solving, time-management, and organizational skills
- Experience with web-based technologies, methodologies, and architectures, including HTTP, HTML, AJAX, XML, JSON, and SQL Server/Oracle databases
- Experience with one or more Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) tools (Azure cli, AWS EC2, etc.)
- Experience with Azure Dev Ops
- Experience with Intellij
- Experience creating unit and automated tests
- Experience with sustainment engineering
- Ability to collaborate and communicate across functional areas
- Excellent communication skills
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided