How you will help
As a part of our DevOps team, working alongside our product and development teams, you will own and be responsible for architecting and implementing scalable solutions that offer our customers new insights into their own businesses. You’ll use the best tools for the job -whether modern and revolutionary or time-tested and proven- to deliver elegant, scalable solutions that meet business and technical needs. Your team will support you and you the same. Peer review of solutions and implementations is expected. You will play an integral part in building the foundation of HealthVerity’s future.
What you will do
• Building, deployment, and maintenance of multiple AWS environmentsManagement of CI/CD processes for large application stacks using Python and shell
• Work with the engineering team to develop robust and scalable platforms and workflows Develop, document, and implement migration plans for continuous improvement of existing products and services
• Troubleshooting and performance monitoring of applications, services, and related infrastructure components Network analysis and architecture design with a mind toward maintainability, scalability, and security within the cloud
• Take ownership of infrastructure-related features and lead them from design to launchMentor other engineers on the team and contribute to the team’s knowledge base
• Liaison with our Government partners and engineers to help support the HealthVerity Government applications
• Make security a priority in everything you do
• Team-first mentality and a collaborative culture
• A love of automation data-driven; monitor, test, measure and identify bottlenecks every stepLeverage concepts such as impermanence to build highly reliable infrastructure
• Eligible for US Federal Government Employment
Required skills and experience
• 5+ years of experience in a DevOps role or similarProficient knowledge of GitHub and writing GitHub Actions workflowsWorking experience with AWS CDK and PythonWorking knowledge of Terraform
• Experience building and debugging CI/CD pipelinesProficient knowledge of AWS experience and familiarity with common services available, including (but not limited to) EC2, RDS, API Gateway, Lambdas, S3, and CloudWatch Familiar with security and networking tools such as AWS VPCs, ACLs, and cross-account interactions
• Basic understanding of common security and privacy standards, such as HIPAA, FedRAMP, NIST 800-53, and/or FISMA.
Nice to have:
• Previous experience supporting a US Government system
• Competent in Python and/or TypeScript
• Strong background in deployment and configuration at scale in the cloud.
• Experience supporting scalable applications on distributed architectures
• Management and scaling of traditional RDBMS
• Experience with large-scale data management and processing systems such as Hadoop and Spark-based solutions
At HealthVerity we are actively solving some of the greatest challenges in healthcare through innovative technology and data solutions. Our customers and partners including pharmaceutical manufacturers, payers and government organizations look to HealthVerity to partner on their most complicated use cases, leveraging our transformative technologies and real-world data infrastructure. The HealthVerity IPGE platform, based on the foundational elements of Identity, Privacy, Governance and Exchange, enables the discovery of RWD across the broadest healthcare data ecosystem, the building of more complete and accurate patient journeys and the ability to power best-in-class analytics and applications with flexibility and ease. To learn more about the HealthVerity IPGE platform, visit www.healthverity.com
Why you'll love working here
We are making a difference – Our technology is at the forefront of some of the biggest healthcare challenges in the world.
We are one team – Our people define our culture and always will. We take time out to celebrate each other at the end of every week through company-wide shout outs, and acknowledge the value that each of us adds towards our greater mission. Come share all you have to offer.
We are learners – Every team member is continually learning, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or much longer. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our clients, partners, and each other.
Benefits & Perks
• Compensation: competitive base salary & annual bonus opportunity (for non-commissioned roles)
• Benefits: comprehensive benefits with coverage on Day 1, medical, dental, vision, 401k, stock options
• Flexible location: our HQ is in Philadelphia with 50% of the team distributed across 25+ states
• Generous PTO: Take time off as needed, targeted at 4 weeks per year, including vacation, personal and sick time, plus paid maternity and paternity leave.
• Comprehensive and individualized onboarding: mentorship program, departmental talks, and a library of resources are available beginning day 1 for each new team member to minimize the stress of starting a new job
• Professional development: biweekly 1:1s, hands-on leadership that is goal-and growth-oriented for each team member, and an annual budget to support professional development pursuits
HealthVerity is currently able to employ individuals residing in the following states: AZ, CA, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, IL, IN, MA, MD, MI, MN, MO, NC, NH, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OK, PA, RI, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WI.
HealthVerity is an equal opportunity employer devoted to inclusion in the workplace. We believe incorporating different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds make us stronger and encourages an environment where ageism, racism, sexism, ableism, homophobia, transphobia or any other form of discrimination are not tolerated. All qualified job applicants will be given consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. At HealthVerity, we’re working towards an innovative and connected future for healthcare data and believe the future is better together. We can only do that if everyone has a seat at the table. Read our Equity Inclusion and Diversity Statement
If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Remote opportunities are not available in all areas and require team members to work from a fixed location due to tax and labor law implications - specific questions about remote positions can be discussed during the interview process with your recruiter.