What you’ll be responsible for:
Circle is looking for a passionate Security Leader with an expertise in Cloud Security, deep understanding of different Blockchain technologies and Cloud based Infrastructure. You’ll be part of the Security Engineering team and closely partner with the Infrastructure teams responsible for the development, deployment of USDC and supporting services.
What you'll work on:
- Own Circle’s Cloud Security strategy, implementation and operationalization.
- Actively partner with our Infrastructure teams on the development and deployment of USDC and supporting services.
- Evaluate our current Cloud Security posture across multiple platforms.
- Recommend and validate Security controls and improvements across our infrastructure stack.
- Own and build relationships with key external stakeholders such as customers, vendors, and auditors.
- Produce data-based reports on technology risk for senior management.
- Drive continuous improvement in the tech stack.
- Leading a team of high-performing security engineers developing solutions focused on Cloud Security.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- Expertise with Cloud Infrastructure like AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Extensive knowledge of secure best practices for Cloud based Infrastructure.
- Extensive knowledge of containerization, orchestration and cloud scale solutions.
- Enthusiasm for automation, scalable and reproducible security practices.
- Self-motivated and creative problem-solver able to work independently.
- Proficiency in managing multiple competing priorities and use good judgment to establish order or priorities on the fly for themselves and their team.
- Ability to influence internal and external customers to expediently resolve issues and achieve organizational objectives.
- The ability to design and operate controls that are easy to test and audit.
- Experience/familiarity with application security including standards like OWASP, tools like Burp Suite, and secure coding practices a plus.
- Experience working in financial services or financial technology desired.
- Advanced degree in computer science, or related fields strongly preferred.
- An understanding of standards such as ISO 27001/27002 and the NIST Cybersecurity Framework desirable.
- 12+ years of experience as a security engineer or infrastructure security engineering leader with a minimum of five years (can be overlapping) with a focus on cybersecurity.
- 5+ years of experience building and managing small to medium sized teams.
- Experience/familiarity with Slack, Apple MacOS and GSuite.
- This position is eligible for day-one PERM sponsorship for qualified candidates.
Circle is on a mission to create an inclusive financial future, with transparency at our core. We consider a wide variety of elements when crafting our compensation ranges and total compensation packages.
The compensation range for this role added below is specific to the location of this job posting. Actual starting pay is determined by various factors, including but not limited to: relevant experience, skill set, qualifications, and other business and organizational needs. Please note that compensation ranges may differ for candidates in other locations.
Base Pay Range: $245,000 - $335,000
Annual Bonus Target: 20%
Also Included: Equity & Benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)). Circle has a discretionary vacation policy. We also provide 10 days of paid sick leave per year and 11 paid holidays per year in the U.S.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided