Who we are:
Raft (https://goraft.tech) is a customer-obsessed non-traditional small business with a purposeful focus on Distributed Data Systems, Platforms at Scale, and Complex Application Development, with headquarters in Reston, VA. Our range of clients include innovative federal and public agencies leveraging design thinking, cutting edge tech stack, and cloud native ecosystem. We build digital solutions that impact the lives of millions of Americans.
We’re looking for an experienced Principal Cloud Architect to support our customer and join our passionate team of high-impact problem solvers. This is a unique opportunity to help build and shape a game-changing organization where we put our customers and people first.
About the role:
The Principal Cloud Architect has extensive experience in cloud computing that includes on-prem, hybrid, and commercial cloud management. They are able to provision, manage, and secure cloud infrastructure with expertise through infrastructure as code implementations. Raft is looking for someone who is capable of managing junior developers and engineers and effectively communicating with internal and external stakeholders. You are a problem solver and a team player
What we are looking for:
- Five-plus (5+) years of experience working as a software engineer leveraging large-scale cloud infrastructure
- Five-plus (5+) years of experience with agile and lean software development practices
- Deep understanding of modern security best practices for cloud infrastructure and networks
- Three-plus (3+) years of experience building declarative infrastructure using Infrastructure as Code techniques
- Scripting experience (Python, JSON, PowerShell)
- Excellent soft skills
- Ability to take things from zero to one
- Roll-up-your-sleeves attitude
- Excels at leading and developing others
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance
What we will offer you:
- Highly competitive salary
- Fully covered healthcare, dental, and vision coverage
- 401(k) and company match
- Unlimited PTO + 11 paid holidays
- Education & training benefits
- Annual budget for your tech/gadgets needs
- Monthly box of yummy snacks to eat while doing meaningful work
- Team off-site in fun places!
- Generous Referral Bonuses
- And More!
Our Vision Statement:
We bridge the gap between humans and data through radical transparency and our obsession with the mission.
Our Customer Obsession:
We will approach every deliverable like it's a product. We will adopt a customer-obsessed mentality. As we grow, and our footprint becomes larger, teams and employees will treat each other not only as teammates but customers. We must live the customer-obsessed mindset, always. This will help us scale and it will translate to the interactions that our Rafters have with their clients and other product teams that they integrate with. Our culture will enable our success and set us apart from other companies.
How do we get there?
Public-sector modernization is critical for us to live in a better world. We, at Raft, want to innovate and solve complex problems. And, if we are successful, our generation and the ones that follow us will live in a delightful, efficient, and accessible world where out-of-box thinking, and collaboration is a norm.
Raft’s core philosophy is Ubuntu: I Am, Because We are. We support our “nadi” by elevating the other Rafters. We work as a hyper collaborative team where each team member brings a unique perspective, adding value that did not exist before. People make Raft special. We celebrate each other and our cognitive and cultural diversity. We are devoted to our practice of innovation and collaboration.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided