Who We Are
The name ThousandEyes was born from two big ideas: the power to see what’s not ordinarily possible, and the ability to collect intelligence from vantage points as diverse and global as the Internet. As organizations depend on cloud services, the Internet has become their defacto network connecting cloud applications to users. Our Internet and cloud intelligence platform is like a ‘Google maps of the Internet’, providing the only collectively powered view of digital experiences end-to-end. We enable our customers made up of the world’s largest and fastest-growing brands, to identify problems before they impact revenue, brand reputation, or employee productivity.
In August 2020, Cisco Systems completed the acquisition of ThousandEyes, which now forms the ThousandEyes Business Unit within Cisco’s Network Services Business Group, and is a foundational component of Cisco’s growing Observability business.
The Engineering Effectiveness team is a team at ThousandEyes with the mission to empower our engineers to be more effective and happier by providing the tools, processes, infrastructure, and support they need to design, implement, test, and operationalize their code quickly and with high quality.
What You’ll Do
As a DevOps Engineer on this team, you will have the opportunity to partner with the other Engineering teams to provide a productive and frictionless end-to-end developer experience encompassing the entire development, release, and operating lifecycle.
Your days will include activities such as:
- Engaging directly with all groups within the Engineering organization and acting as their point of contact for all of the systems and tools we manage;
- Collaborating with a team’s engineers to optimize their build performance;
- Implementing our strategy for managing Kubernetes manifests;
- Improving the usability and standards provided through our custom Gradle plugins;
- Designing the deployment approach for a new service;
- Building a tool to transform Kubernetes manifests from one type to another;
- Creating self-service frameworks to enable automated testing and application rollout to allow fast and reliable code validation;
- Bringing your full SDLC experience to help improve our overall engineering processes, testing approaches, deployment pipelines, and operational procedures.
We are passionate about optimizing our end-to-end engineering experience to foster the innovation that allows our company to succeed.
- Passion for development and engineering best practices, automation, and productivity
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Expert in build and release pipelines and related tooling (e.g., Jenkins, GitHub Actions, Argo CD, Weaveworks, Prow)
- Expert with cloud computing platforms (AWS, GCP)
- Experience with Kubernetes and managed Kubernetes platforms (e.g., EKS, GKE)
- Proficiency with various build systems (e.g., Gradle, Make)
- Proficiency with automated testing tools and frameworks (e.g., TestCafe, Selenium, JMeter, Robot, Spring Testing Framework)
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do –you can’t put us in a box! But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colourful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us.
We recognize that diverse teams make the strongest teams, and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
Cisco COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.:
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire salaries in U.S. locations. For non-sales roles, the hiring ranges reflect base salary and do not include bonuses, equity, or benefits. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive target, and do not include equity or benefits. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided