Ghent (hybrid) or London (remote)
The Principal DevSecOps Engineer will be a key member of the Showpad Security Operations team and works with a wide variety of people within the Showpad Business Organisation, Technology Office, as well as the Product and Engineering department. The Principal DevSecOps Engineer is responsible for managing current and future physical, logical and cybersecurity risks which Showpad faces.
The Principal DevSecOps Engineer will report to the VP of Engineering, and assist in further developing the capabilities of the team. The ideal candidate has experience with DevSecOps and Shift-left testing in a cloud-native environment, as well as knowledge of modern application security.
- Manage cybersecurity operations, including operations related to Application and Cloud Infrastructure security.
- Act as the cybersecurity contact towards internal teams (e.g. Product and Engineering, Technology Office, Cloud Operations, Business Operations) in day-to-day practices, company-wide initiatives, and the Showpad Product.
- Ensure that our development considers the latest thinking, and follow best-practice patterns in software security development
- Enabling the development teams to perform by providing CI/CD processes which integrate the security & quality tooling.
- Assist in the design and operation of technical security controls such as:
- A security information and event management system (SIEM) / Security orchestration, automation and response system (SOAR).
- Vulnerability program, endpoint protection, end-user behaviour analytics, firewalls, IDS/IPS, external threat intelligence.
- Seasoned experience in information security, with at least 2 years in a security operational or application security role, preferably in a DevSecOps role.
- Good knowledge of modern (web) application security
- Strong understanding of software environments and SDLC
- Experience with Automation in testing or orchestration
- Understanding of container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes) and Serverless (Lambda)
- Knowledge of conducting security checks (static and dynamic code analysis, vulnerability analysis in applications and penetration tests, security component analysis, SBOM)
- Good networking knowledge in an AWS-based cloud environment
- Working knowledge of security monitoring (SIEM / SOAR)
- Programming experience in languages such Python or Typescript, to enable our “Automate everything” mantra.
- Experience in follow-up of vulnerability management (Bug bounty, pentests, automated scans)
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Experience in a DevSecOps role
- Knowledge of security in microservices is beneficial
- Knowledge of security and privacy frameworks such as GDPR, ISO27001, and SOC2 is an asset
- Experience with either Ethical hacking / Threat Intelligence / Incident Response / Forensics is a strong asset
Founded in 2011, Showpad is the world’s leading Enablement Operating System (eOS™). We align Sales and Marketing teams around impactful content and measurable engagement, enabling sellers to build unique buying experiences and continuously improve conversion rates. Sellers close more deals – faster – with Showpad.
With dual-headquarters in Ghent and Chicago, regional offices in London, Munich and Wroclaw, and remote hubs across the US and EMEA, Showpad is powered by a diverse global workforce of more than 550 people. Our employee value proposition centers around impact, purpose and belonging. Our culture is based on flexibility, trust and setting people up for success. At Showpad, we foster inclusion, innovate for impact and never stop to raise the bar. We take serious care of our people but never take ourselves too seriously.
What you can expect from Showpad
We welcome every voice and are committed to building a truly inclusive environment where your differences are not just welcomed, they are celebrated. We’re building a best-in-class experience for our employees and are always identifying opportunities to encourage our team to be their authentic selves. Whether it’s additional company-wide days off, paid time off to volunteer at non-profit organisations, personal development opportunities or professional stretch assignments, you can expect Showpad to support you.
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive organisation and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other dimensions of identity.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided