ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands and products all built with one goal in mind — to give fans new and innovative ways to interact with their favorite games, sports, teams, and leagues. That’s no easy task, which is why we’re so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give.
FanDuel Group is based in New York, with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon, Georgia and Scotland. Our brands include:
- FanDuel — A game-changing real-money fantasy sports app
- FanDuel Sportsbook — America’s #1 sports betting app
- FanDuel TV — "The Bettor Sports Network" bringing live sports and interactive content to the games fans care about most
- FanDuel Racing — A horse racing app built for the average sports fan
- FanDuel Casino & Betfair Casino — Fan-favorite online casino apps
- FOXBet — A world-class betting platform and affiliate of FanDuel Group
- PokerStars — The premier online poker product and affiliate of FanDuel Group
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
We’re looking for passionate & experienced technologists, strong communicators and those with a commitment to continuous improvement. The ideal candidate will have the confidence to propose pragmatic solutions to complex problems and be eager to learn from and educate others. We are looking for an exceptional DevOps Engineer to deliver game-changing improvements for FanDuel.
This is a hybrid role. Team members have flexibility for remote work but must be local to the Atlanta metro area and available to come to the office on an as-needed basis.
THE GAME PLAN:
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Take active part in the production problem root cause investigation, identification, and resolution (where necessary);
- Maintain, improve and troubleshoot our core systems used by several teams, some of those are Kafka, Zookeeper, Python, etc.;
- Preventive monitoring;
- Define, implement and maintain Service Level Objectives (SLOs)
- Iteratively improve monitoring & alerting
- Reduce Toil;
- Reduce or eliminate manual/repetitive tasks
- Improving the resilience and reliability of the systems to reduce or eliminate manual intervention on service recovery
- Design, develop and/or implement tools that will help the team(s) to perform their work more efficiently;
- Contribute to planning and development of our technological stack;
- Team player on an Agile team, working together to keep delivering at pace, scale and with demanded quality to support our products
What we're looking for in our next teammate
These are the skills and experience we are looking for. If they match yours, you may be our next DevOps Engineer teammate:
- Degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent work experience
- Experience in DevOps, SRE, or Developer position.
- A DevOps Engineer should bring all these to the game:
- Experience working with cloud environments. AWS is preferable, but Azure or OpenStack experience is also relevant
- Experience working with CI/CD pipeline tools such as Jenkins, Git, Artifactory, Bamboo, Ansible, Go, etc.
- Practical experience in Python, ideally with frameworks like Django or Flask.
- Familiarity with the concepts of configuring and managing databases – e.g., MySQL and/or Mongo
- Linux experience: Ideally CentOS, but other distributions are ok. Bonus: experience using command line bash scripting.
- Familiarity with concepts around containerization – e.g., using Kubernetes, Docker, OpenShift, etc.
- Experience with Kafka and/or Cassandra is not required but is a huge bonus. Let us know if you have worked with either!
- Ability to interact effectively with other functional teams and stakeholders
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- A passion for the art of problem-solving.
- Experience in documenting processes.
- Comfort working in a user support role to keep development and other teams moving forward.
We treat our team right
Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided