What We Do
Epic Games is growing operations inside our development teams to support operations of our large-scale, highly available, secure, online services and infrastructure behind Epic Games and products. The person in this role will work closely with software engineering, customer service, quality assurance, community, and product teams to provide online services that enhance the user experience for all of Epic's systems.
We enable Epic’s application and game development teams to build, deploy, and manage services that are used by more than half a billion players around the world. Our mission is to provide world class capabilities that improve the experience of our developers by making it simpler, faster, more efficient and safer to deploy, operate, update and repair applications and web services. We operate at a massive scale as one of the largest cloud computing users in the world and continue to evolve as a center of excellence both for Cloud Infrastructure as well as Online Game Developer Experience. We are a dev+ops style organization practicing, “you build it, you run it” principles for all capabilities that we offer.
What You'll Do
As a Sr. Cloud Software Engineer in the DevX organization you will work on the Cloud Service Framework and Interfaces that enable streamlined application and service development on top of our Cloud Infrastructure. As a customer centric engineering organization, you’ll work closely with our customers ensuring fast turn around of feature requests and bug fixes. You will be working on capabilities that will reduce engineering effort around provision, deploy, configure, update and repair activities during the lifecycle of an application, game or service. You will work with multiple teams across multiple locations globally.
In this role, you will
- Develop high quality, stable code for use in web services, libraries and tools
- Write and publish RFCs, design specifications and developer documentation
- Problem solve at every layer of the technology stack
- Participate in bottom up planning around release schedules, workload and priority
- Design for privacy, security, compliance, high availability, performance and resilience across all web services and infrastructure capabilities
What we're looking for
- Expert developer in Java, C/C++, Golang or Rust
- Extensive knowledge of leveraging AWS and Kubernetes to build micro services
- Strong web services engineering skills; REST, GraphQL, gRPC, JSON, OAuth
- Top notch communication, collaborative problem solving and design skills
- Passionate about solving deep technical problems and reducing duplicated efforts
- Intense focus on customer challenges and needs
Pay Transparency Information
The expected annual base pay range(s) for this position are detailed below. Each base pay range is relevant only for individuals who are residents of or will be expected to work within the specified locale. Compensation varies based on a variety of factors, which include (but aren’t limited to) things such as skills and competencies, qualifications, knowledge, and experience. In addition to base pay, most employees are eligible to participate in Epic’s generous benefit plans and discretionary incentive programs (subject to the terms of those plans or programs).
This position is listed in multiple locations across North America
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided