Mythical Games is a Venture-backed game technology company powering the next generation of players, games, and studios. Our goal is to launch exceptional video games that leverage distributed ledger tech while providing a platform that will allow other game developers to do the same.
At Mythical Games, we are proud of our ‘People First’ culture. We believe that it takes great people and culture to make great products. By treating each other with empathy and respect, we can live fulfilling lives outside our jobs while also creating exceptional work.
We are looking for a highly-skilled Senior Infrastructure Engineer- DevOps to join our awesome team that is distributed throughout the US. The engineer in this role will work to create a reliable, performant and secure canvas upon which Mythical’s cloud-based applications are built. This position is remote with minimal travel required for team meetings.
- Build and lead a small team of devops-focused engineers in partnership with infrastructure engineers and development teams to achieve business objectives.
- Work with engineering teams to modernize existing build and deployment processes with a focus on automation, monitoring, and continuous improvement of delivery across multiple cloud providers using industry recognized tools and frameworks.
- Engage with 3rd party consulting service providers to help guide their work as they assist the engineering group.
- Implement and improve monitoring solutions that proactively identify system bottlenecks, performance issues, and security vulnerabilities.
- Guide the team in modernizing the company’s software platform, adopting DevOps best practices, and developing continuous integration and deployment solutions across various environments.
- Lead development of self-service solutions wherever possible for engineering teams to deliver software with confidence, speed, and excellent quality.
- 5+ years of Infrastructure/SRE/DevOps/Application Development experience, preferably on GCP or AWS
- Hands-on experience with a wide range of cloud services including networking, security, apps hosting, scripting infrastructure as code, supporting production environments, monitoring/troubleshooting/maintaining high availability, scalability, robustness, and performance.
- Knowledge of Kubernetes, Docker, Helm, Git.
- Demonstrated proficiency in at least one dynamic scripting language such as Python, Ruby, Groovy, or Bash.
- Ability to build NOC-style dashboards using tools like Grafana, Elastic APM or StackDriver.
- Experience with CI\CD orchestration pipelines such as GitHub Actions, CircleCI, Jenkins as well as familiarity with deployment strategies like blue\green deployment, canary releases, etc…
- Experience using tools such as Miro or LucidChart to create architecture diagrams.
- Experience with Java, GoLang, and/or .NET applications.
- Understanding of service meshes like Istio, LinkerD, Consul.
- Experience with Load Testing and frameworks such as Gatling or Locust.
The expected base salary range for this role is based on the location where the employee’s work will be performed and is aligned to one of our three compensation pay range tiers. Base pay is just one part of Mythical’s total compensation package, which is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their efforts and contributions. This role is also eligible to participate in Mythical’s Corporate Bonus and Equity Plan.
Pay Ranges by Tier:
*add the tiered salary for the specific role from the Current Open Roles spreadsheet*
US Tier 1: $146,000-$201,000
US Tier 2: $132,000-$182,000
US Tier 3: $117,000- $161,000
Locations by Tier:
Tier 1 Locations: San Francisco Bay Area - California
Tier 2 Locations: Remainder of California (outside of the SF Bay Area), Washington state, Massachusetts state, New York state
Tier 3 Locations: All other states outside of California, Washington, Massachusetts, and New York.
The base salary for each successful applicant will be dependent on a variety of factors, including work location, education, qualifications, competencies, relevant work experience, business needs, and market demands. Therefore, in some circumstances, the actual salary could fall outside of this expected range. This pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided